Only Death May Pay for Life

Daenerys POV

" Let it be fear then" I said. And I meant it, but the way Jon looked at me as if I was my father born again told me a few things first is that Jon loves my Military power for himself and definitely does not love me. This should not surprise me, everyone "loves" me for what I can give them not for me. Those who do not pretend to love me expect me to be just like Aerys. The second is that it no longer matters what I do they are already planning a rebellion due to my killing Varys. And lastly, I am alone truly.

Next Day

My armies are prepared for what is to happen next. They are standing by the gates they are to go through with strict orders not to harm innocents. I mount Drogon and mentally prepare myself for what is to happen later. As I am burning the scorpions on the wall I feel at ease, I guess when you have been at war for years, war is where you feel most comfortable. Perhaps Daario was right, I am a conqueror and I was not meant to sit on a throne.

I wish I never would have come to Westeros, I thought it would feel like home. Truly, it never was my home. Had I realized that earlier Ser Jorah, Missandei, Rhaegal, Viserion, and all the other Essosi I brought here would be alive yet. There is little I would not give to go back to before we sailed for Westeros with the knowledge I have now.

Taking out the Golden Company was pathetically simple, taking the gates with them was better than I thought it would be. I direct Drogon to the Red Keep while my forces are infiltrating the city. Immediately I take out the Tower of the Hand, as there is less likely to be civilians in that area of the Red Keep, or at least less civilians than anywhere else.

Afterwards Drogon and I land on a wall to assess the war going on, everything seems to be going well thus far. I look into my bond with my last child and he seems to be enjoying himself and not fatigued at all. When I try to leave Drogons' head, I can not find my way back to my own. I am still inside the bond when Drogon starts flying again and I am looking through Drogons eyes while he burns Kings Landing to the cinders. It seems as though he's taking direction from me, even though I know I am not the one doing it.

My rage from this knows no bounds. Zaldrizes buzdari iskos daor. Yet I still have not been able to push back into my own body. I want to know who skin changed into me, it is powerful magic. Very few would be able to accomplish such a task that Drogon would not be able to tell.

Hours later and I am still inside Drogon, which is honestly kind of a relief to no longer have to be Daenerys Stormborn of House Targaryen, Mother of Dragons, Breaker of Chains or Queen. Finally Drogon seems to realize there is something wrong with me and goes to the Throne Room, where I see myself with a dagger in the chest laying on the ground and Jon holding me, crying. Drogon pushes my body trying to get me to move and it breaks my heart to witness. Then I hear him cry out for me and secretly hope he kills Jon for betraying me, for killing me, or killing my body to be precise.

Drogon took it upon himself to burn the Iron Throne, if his mother could not have it no one else would either. But Jon still lives and I do not know how much longer I can stay within Drogons mind. Drogon picks up my body in his claw and flys east. To home. Essos. I decide I am going to rest my mind for a while so I can figure out how to leave Drogons mind when he stops later.

Time Skip

When I start paying attention again I have no idea where I am. Rather where we are, as I am still in Drogon. I am going to leave Drogon this time, I determined. After gathering myself, I push myself forward as hard as I can towards my body which is in front of Drogon. It works this time as if whatever was keeping me out is no longer inside my body. What is still in my body is the gods damned dagger Jon stabbed me with. I know I will not survive long in my own body but I wish to say goodbye to my child.