Valar Dohaeris

Daemon and I reach the dragons and I explain to the ones not going with us, all but Drogon and Caraxes, that they need to stay here to look after the hatchlings that can't protect themselves yet. "We will be back tomorrow." Daemon and I mount up and start for Braavos. While we are flying notice we have a passenger stowed away in the bag of food and drink. Aegarax. I giggle and send Drogon my exasperation at the antics of the golden hatchling. Drogon rumbles his agreement and I look over to Daemon and Caraxes who have no clue, then send my amusement and love to Aegarax.
Time Skip
We land on the steps of the house of black and white. The temple sits upon a rocky knoll of dark grey stone. It has no windows and a black roof. Its wooden doors are high and carved. The left door is weirwood, the right ebony. In the center of the doors is a carved moon face ebony on weirwood, weirwood on ebony. Its steep steps of grey stone lead down to the dock. We make our way down the dragons and I scoop up Aegarax before heading to the entrance. I ask Drogon to give a night roar to get the attention of the acolytes so they may open the doors for us. When that doesn't appear to be enough to open the doors I speak the words vhalar morghulis at the entrance. Moments later the doors open and an acolyte is there. "We request the guidance of a priest." The acolyte bids us to wait. When they are gone Daemon speaks quietly to me, "why are we waiting here?"
"This is a religious temple. The acolytes are not to be our escorts to the priest, it will be the kindly man or the waifs."
A very average looking male, for now at least, comes for them and leads them to the sanctum, "How do you know that, princess?"
"Balerion protects me. Tessarion shows me. Tyraxes teaches me. Balerion and I were quite fond of each other when last we met," I tell the assassin as if I did not spend only minutes

with most of The Fourteen Flames.
"Then you are not a worshipper of the Many Faced God, but The Fourteen Flames."
"I have been called the Daughter of Death, Balerions statue is with the other 29 in the hall. I plan on giving many names over to them, does it truly matter?" An acolyte walks up to us with a cup and offers it to Daemon first, I put my hand out to stop him from taking it, then grab it myself and take a sip. The sweet water from their pool. It is poisoned with Sweetsleep. "We are here to speak to a priest, that is all, there is no need to poison us." The kindly man looks astounded that I would knowingly take in poison. "It will do nothing to me, as I said, I am protected." We finally reach the priest and they send the kindly man away.
"For what reason do we have dragon lords gracing our temple?"
"We have come to seek an alliance. After we settle affairs in Westeros we are coming back to Essos, to end slavery. If I remember correctly Braavos was built by formers slaves and I wish to ensure that no one in the future knows what is means to be sold for someone else's profit in Essos. For no one in the future to have to go through the pain that our ancestors enforced. I have come to right wrongs."
"While that is good cause why would you assume that we would be able to help you?"
"Because I know the religion is real, but I know better the guild I am currently standing in. I know that those who complete their training will be able to move around in circles that I cannot, for my face is much too recognizable. You need not answer this day. We will be going back to Kings Landing to settle our affairs, when you have an answer for us, you may send someone to us with a challenge phrase so we know the validity of the courier. I would hope to come to agreement though that no matter your answer, we need not come to blows if we disagree over your choice. Should you decline the alliance I will not seek to harm yours so long as you do seek to harm mine."
"I will agree to that. And when we have an answer I will send someone to inform you of it. What is the challenge phrase?"
"Your courier should ask 'what do you say to the god of death?', and I will answer 'not today' so that they have confirmation I am the correct person to relay the information to. Finding either Daemon or I will work, as we are married we will fight together."
The priest huffs a laugh. "Bold choice of words, princess."
"I have survived poisonings and a blade to the heart, priest, sometimes boldness is necessary. Sometimes is it a hindrance, but I think it is a decent phrase for those who worship the Many Faced God, easy to remember at the very least. We will leave your temple now, we do wish to cause any problems or disrespect your faith anymore than we have. Thank you for hearing us out. One last thing you should know is that my dragons are numbered in the double digits. I have the ability to wage this war. I should like to have your alliance, but we will end slavery regardless of it." He doesn't need to know that I didn't actually survive the blade, just was brought back. It may help my cause if he truly believes that Balerion walks with me.

The kindly man is back at our sides and I ask to go to Balerions statue to pray before we leave. We are shown the way and Balerions huge statue is in front of me and I send my silent thanks to him for removing the stain of death from me and ask him to send my thanks to others so they don't feel as though I favor him, though I do. We are then led to the doors and walk over to the dragons. Surprised to find a third much larger dragon there.
"Vhagar." Daemon says, I look to the gigantic dragon and look for the feeling inside myself. Looking for the confidence to approach such a dragon. When I find it I take a few steps forward to Drogon leaning against him and keeping eye contact with Vhagar.
"You could come back to Westeros you know? There are plenty of adult dragons to fly with and many more hatchlings to protect. There are people trying to kill our blood. They want to end dragons both winged and grounded." A moment later I feel the full weight of the bond with Vhagar and it is a hotter fire inside me than the others individually. I reach up and Vhagar sniffs me then sends the feeling of a request in the bond before flying off. "Well, that was an odd interaction."
Daemon stands behind me hugging my body to him, "yes it was. But you have bonded the largest and oldest war dragon this day, that is great for us. You should consider getting a saddle for Drogon though, little dragon."
Drogon growls at him and I shake my head "no, thank you, big dragon. It wouldn't feel right, and I like feeling Drogons power under me when we fly. It reminds me that I am alive. Drogon does not seem fond of the idea either."
We prepare to mount when a figure starts approaching us dressed in red. A figure I recognize from my first life, "Melisandre."
"Queen Daenerys. I was a slave once, bought and sold, scourged and branded. It is an honor to meet the breaker of chains." The words are the same as last time.
"Why have you come?"
"Last time, I gave you advice, it lead to your death because I didn't stay to see what happened after the Night King died. This time I would like to serve the Bride of Fire in the capacity you need me to. I hope to atone for what happened."
"I do not blame you for Jon Snows decisions. Or the three eyed raven taking over my body while I was deep inside my dragon bond. You gave me the information you had, I used it, we won, and then I lost. What I did with the information you gave was up to me. You owed me nothing then and you owe me nothing now." After the war, I didn't even think to ask for Melisandre, too impatient and grieving Viserion, Jorah, and my men.
"Thank you, Your Grace. But Vhalar Dohaeres." All men must serve.
"And how would the Lord of Light like me to serve this time?" Its important to hear her words, whether I will go out of my way to make them happen or not is another matter entirely.

"You are already doing it. His mission is for me, to help you however I can."
"Very well, but as you might remember Westeros is very small minded and hateful towards foreigners, while we are in the capital it would be helpful if you could blend in so that we may not take on more issues than we already have."
"Yes your grace. I will meet you in Kings Landing, a few days after you get there." By sea, Braavos to Kings Landing is approximately 9-10 days. We will make if to the capital in four days. But that is without Melisandre's abilities.
"If you could look into your fires to find proof against Otto and the maesters it would be helpful or at least where we may find proof."
"Of course."
I turn my head to kiss Daemon lightly then put Aegarax back to where he was stowing away on the flight here so I don't have to carry him for hours during flight. We mount Drogon and Caraxes then start for Westeros.
Time skip Dragonstone
Daemon and I land at Dragonstone midmorning the day after we left and stay at the nest to talk through what happened in Braavos. "Melisandre wanted me to meet Jon Snow, I had already sent my letter to him to summon him to bend the knee at that point. She was helpful during the Long Night. She is a priestess of the Lord of Light and a shadow binder of Asshai." I explain to Daemon that we were in the guild of the Faceless Men and that my hope for the alliance is that they use their abilities to get close to the masters so we can keep account of where they go to hide, where they do their business outside of the pyramid, it would make getting rid of them so much easier. "The only question I have is, last time the masters crucified 163 children as a warning to me, I killed 163 masters in return for justice and because I was disgusted and angry. Then I was dealing with the rebellion, the shadow war, because I left some alive, and I lost people because of it. Do I just kill them all, which would probably make me a monster, or do I say fuck it because no master is innocent? Becoming the monster would hurt, but it is a hurt I could learn to live with if my people are safe. A monster that protects those that can't protect themselves. But it doesn't make me any less of a monster."
Daemons lifts my face to look at his, "Little dragon, you do not have to be the one to kill them, I will be your sword if you wish it."

"No, Drogon was my sword when I didn't know how to wield one. It was my way to take responsibility for the deaths I ordered. I would not have you take the weight of responsibility from my shoulders. I just need you. Sometimes it will be your counsel, sometimes it will be you taking the lead on a war if I need to split forces. I trust that you will keep innocent civilian deaths to the minimum, while leading our forces. Sometimes I will need you to remind me that I am not alone, that I don't have to do everything myself. And sometimes I will need you to make me forget."
"Of course little dragon. I think that the best way is to get rid of all the adult masters. This would ensure they don't rise against us. The only issue then would be when the children grow up if they will rebel, but with what army? Take the masters profits as the coffers so you may change the economy and they will not have to ability to hire one."
"Thank you, Zhavorsa Khalakka. We should go find Aemma." I lean over to kiss Daemon then start to walk away from Drogon and Caraxes, with Aegarax on my shoulder. I tilt my head to touch Aegarax, and send love to them, Aegarax puts their head atop of mine and sends love and comfort back to me.
We go find Aemma in a solar, relaxing away from prying eyes. We knock on the door and she bids us to enter. "Cousin, may we go to the nest? I would like to try something and think someone wants to see you." Aemma quickly agrees and we head off. When the four of us make it to the nest all the dragons come up to me with their chirping greeting. I go to Drogon first as he is my mount, and give him physical and mental affection which he responds to with a purr, then move to Rhaegal and Viserion to repeat the process. Next I go to the hatchlings Gaelithox; named after the Valyrian god of fire, stars, moon, sun, and the dawn, crawls up my body first. After Shrykos gets the attention they feel entitled to they move to Drogon and starts playing with him like he couldn't accidentally eat them without noticing.
Next is Tyraxes; named after the goddess of reason, intelligence, wisdom, warfare, and battle strategy, who plants themself on my shoulder. After the greeting and affection is given and reciprocated, Rhaella moves on from me to Aemma, unsurprisingly. Tessarion follows the line of greetings and then moves to Rhaegal to play hide and seek with. Fyrestorm is the last hatchling to greet me and they don't disappoint as soon as they are within reach their forked tongue comes out and licks across my face, then they try to fly away unsuccessfully, they get back up and Viserion is there looking over them. I hear Daemon laugh at me and send him a half hearted glare, I see Caraxes is with him and decide to prove a point sending Caraxes mischief.
Vermithor and Silverwing greet me in the bond then turn to each other for affection, I send my own affection to them so they know I haven't forgotten them. Caraxes decides to play along and gently pushes Daemon away with his head then moves to me and rubs his heads against my dragon-less side. "Well with all these dramatics I didn't actually get to tell you why I wanted to come here. I think Rhaella would be open to bonding with you should you be open to it as well, cousin."
"Are you sure Daenerys? I don't want to take your child from you."
"Kessa, Zaldrizes buzdari iskos doar. It is the dragons choice and a riders openness to the bond that matter. Unless you are interested in claiming an adult dragon, then you shouldn't

bond with her, but I think Rhaella would be mighty jealous."
"Then, yes, I would like to bond with Rhaella. I am not ready for an adult dragon. And I wouldn't feel right if it was any other but Rhaella." Daemon and I try to explain the bonding process to Aemma for the next few minutes. Aemma looks into Rhaellas amethyst eyes and starts speaking too quietly for me to hear, but I look for Rhaellas bond and feel their openness and excitement, their fondness for Aemma and then I feel the bond flare and know that it has happened.
"Wow, I figured I would feel the bond but I thought it would be all mental. Really, it is like a physical warmth in my chest." We sit around letting Aemma and Rhaella figure out their bond when Aemma starts speaking to me.
"Daenerys, why do you still call me cousin knowing our true relation?" Not where I thought this was going to go.
"Daemon and I came up with a story to explain how I am related to you all, we should discuss it now so you are not surprised by it when we go to Kings Landing and you can tweak it if you feel it's not enough."
"Go on."
"We were thinking of claiming Saera as my mother and Rhaegoro Maegyr as my father. This gives me the appearance that I have the backing of Volantis and a long established pure Valyrian line of nobles on my fathers side. The Maegyrs are a strong bloodline in Volantis, full of triarchs, generals and admirals. It would hopefully be a deterrent for Otto. This would make us first cousins on my mothers side. As for why you all did not know of me before, we would state that Jaehaerys' treatment of Saera left much to be desired, and after she died my father took me in but did not agree with the treatment of Saera and didn't want the same treatment for me so he wouldn't let me come west until Jaehaerys was no longer king."
"Yes, that is a good story. What about the dragons, how did you obtain them in this fictional story?"
"Volantis was made as a military stronghold for Old Valyria, they keep much of the old traditions and practices and artifacts. I was snooping through the manse one day and found the eggs that the Maegyrs were bound to protect by a Valyrian family of dragon lords."
"Which family?" This has turned in to a mock interrogation, smart. "House Belaerys of Valyria."
"Why did you want to come to Westeros?"
"I wanted to meet my mothers side of the family, now that she has been gone a few years I have missed her and wanted a family connection. If only to know them a short time before going back to east. The second reason is my disagreement with slavery."

"Impressive detail the two of you have come up with. Even with just that Viserys would be happy enough to welcome you. Otto will be the problem. You will need an explanation for your acceptance of slavery thus far."
"Easy. As I was growing up, Saera did not own slaves and I am of the same mind, but when I went to live with my father I was only a child and could not change anything, as all good daughters follow their fathers word as law. Now that I am an adult with adult dragons I can go where I wish and I wanted to see somewhere without slavery so that should I have the chance to make changes in the future I will have an idea of where to start. Anything else you can think of that they will ask?"
"Not right now. If I think of anything else I will let you know. We should go get our things so we can leave for Kings Landing soon." With that we all stand and grab hatchlings. I have Aegarax, Gaelithox, and Tyraxes; Aemma has Rhaella and Fyrestorm; Daemon picks up Tessarion and Shrykos then we all head to the castle.
Time skip
We board the ship to Kings Landing, the hatchlings onboard with us due to them not being able to make the long flight, Daemon and I sharing a room. The Valyrian books I have already read were left in the Dragonstone library. My trunks are packed with clothing and jewelry, the last three dragon eggs and the valuables of Valyria that I couldn't leave behind, except the crown, which is stored in a hiding spot in Daemons room so that none may find it.
Daemon and I are sitting in bed with hatchlings all around the room except Rhaella, who is with Aemma, when I start speaking. "I am excited to get this started. I wish to go back to Essos. It is my home and the people there need me far more, but I know that it was the right decision to come here first. Alicent would have married Viserys in 106 AC. There was not enough time to fight slavery before then. Ending slavery will take years and House Targaryen only has two to change its course."
"We will change things, and we will go to Essos so we can help free the people so your friends never know the bonds of chains. And we will have children to carry on our legacy so that there are Targaryens leading the east and the west when the Long Night comes."
We go to sleep that night after rolling around in the sheets for a couple hours, and I dream. I see Silverwing refusing to go north of the wall, three times when Queen Alysanne commanded it. Maybe it was the magic of the wall or the cold, but something inside me tells me is was the army of the dead. That silverwing could sense them and didn't want to confront them in their homeland.
Next day