I've Seen The Light

Third Person Point of View: 

"Our first song is called I See The Light." Will announced, and Becca started to strum and sing. Slowly, the crowd coupled up and started to sway gently to the music. Unlike the slow dances in the Capitol, the people not only swayed, but they danced all over the room. They glided over the dancefloor, everyone moving in different directions, but no one ever crashed into one another. Slowly, district partners coupled up with each other and ventured out to the dance floor as Becca sang her first lyric.

"All those days watching from the windows

All those years outside looking in

All that time never even knowing

Just how blind I've been..."

Haymitch had no partner to dance with, so he stayed in the Back, his eyes occasionally darting from Becca onstage to the dancing couples on the dance floor. For the first time in their lives, or at least since their games, they're having real fun.

"Now I'm here, blinking in the starlight

Now I'm here, suddenly I see

Standing here, it's all so clear

I'm where I'm meant to be."

Becca's voice serenaded the crowd, sending everyone into a calm daze. They danced and swayed, husband and wives kissed, and crushes were formed. Boys worked up the courage to ask their girls to dance, and men without partners worked up the courage to dance with a woman they've never met before.

The baker's son danced with a blonde, but his eyes were transfixed on the brunette girl from the Seam.

"And at last I see the light

And it's like the fog has lifted

And at last I see the light

And it's like the sky is new

And it's warm and real and bright

And the world has somehow shifted

All at once everything looks different

Now that I see you"

Becca sang, and the two continued to strum calming music until Will stepped up to the microphone. Becca, however, had no clue what his verse would be. She swallowed a lump in her throat and continued to blindly strum her guitar, staring at Will with a lovestruck gaze.

"All those days chasing down a daydream

All those years living in a blur

All that time, never truly seeing

Things the way they were..."

Will sang, and something felt weird in Becca's chest. Something she had never felt before, not even when Chip had kissed her. It was like something was squeezing her heart really tight, and all the breath was being sucked from her lungs.

'Someone definitely put something in my water,' she thought, her eyes stuck on Will and his lyrics.

Becca stepped up to the microphone so she was next to Will, still strumming, but her gaze was locked on him, but his eyes were on the dancing audience.

When The Canary SingsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara