II

Now that I think about it, I really do resemble Gallahan. My new Daddy is an exact replica!

"So, I have no recollection of having a brother in my previous life; have I met anyone with the same instance as me?" Florentia asked. She is not denying his existence, but she is checking to see if there is a logical explanation.

"In comparison to you, my existence here is due to the World's wish and the law of Causality," he said as he climbed onto the chair with the assistance of his older sister.

"What is the Law of Causality?"

"That means this world is about to change drastically, and I am the overseer of that fact."

Yes, his two previous worlds worked in his favor. There must be a balance between life and death in Birth of a Hero. External parties must not cause harm to the world in Lovely Princess. In Way of Protecting-blah blah—he does not even want to think about it. His role, however, was to maintain the balance between light and darkness.

That is how his life has always been.

He still does not know why he was brought here, but "I finally have a good father," he says, almost tearfully.

"You speak as if you have been through hell."

"Yes. The worst." He looked as if he would wither away if he kept releasing those incredible memories.

"Well, fun fact, this body is your half-brother. This could be an alternative where another body compatible with my soul exists, and it is a body that shares the same vitality as Dad," he said as he closed his palms, feeling the numbness in them. "A pretty frail body at that."

Florentia looked at him. "You do resemble a father."

"We are related by blood; do not worry, this body may or may not exist in other parallel worlds."

"Parallel worlds? I thought they were only found in fantasy."

"It is a world that moves at the same rate as this one; what happens here may not happen elsewhere; but it is different if it is a world of past, present, and future; you have experienced it so far."

Another interesting fact he discovered while traveling the world was that his soul was originally that of a Thames. The Thames Family is the bloodline associated with time. Each soul is distinct in its own right. It does not vanish or follow the worlds of purgatory or the oasis, but instead floats in time until called to house a suitable vessel until the soul is reborn to a Thames body once more. His soul, however, became immortal because he stabbed himself with the world tree branch. He can not die, and the world will stop him from dying.

That is why the law of Causality applies to him the best.

He cannot die, but he can be harmed.

"Like you," he said to Florentia, "you came from another world but regressed. This is basically your fourth life." He looked disoriented, "it took me five lives to have a normal father... I am going to adore Gallahan."

Florentia simply smiled and shook her head. She wondered what kind of father this man had in his five lives, but he seemed like a nice guy.

"Well, Noona, please tell this baby brother what kind of world we live in now."

He is making certain that it is the same as the novel he read once, in which this person died and that was the end of the country and the Imperial family. The Second Prince then ascended to the throne.

Florentia explained everything to him. He listened intently while sipping tea, tears nearly bursting from his eyes.

"Why are you crying?"