Chapter 6 - You Are My Child

I spent a few weeks looking around for more monsters and practicing the new Skills I got.

I wanted to test the new [Body Armor] Skill I got but...

Nothing was around to attack me anymore.

I had to mostly go around eating the magicules in the air or devouring more hippokoot herbs and the rainbow rocks now. There were no monsters to eat which made things a bit awkward for me... I couldn't get anymore Skills or any more magicules in bursts now. I was just slowly growing at this point.

Great Sage... any monsters around?

<Negative. No monster signatures have been detected.>

Boo...

I bounced more and more until finally I came across something weird.

That part of the wall doesn't look like a wall...

It was made out of... wood?

I think?

<Answer. It primarily consisted of wood and a type of metal that has been refined which would likely be steel. However, the material seems to be partly infused with magicules making the material stronger than normal.>

It looks like a door... I think it is a door?

<Answer. It is likely a door.>

So it is a door!

Great Sage says the door is strong though... I could probably eat through it though with [Predator]. I was very tempted to as well but... what was beyond the door?

Great Sage wasn't talking so I don't think they knew what was beyond the door either...

Hm...

Maybe... dad would know?

I got quite a few new Skills and a few new tales to tell dad...

H-he won't be disappointed in me... r-right?

Mhm...

<Notice. There is a strong chance the individual named Veldora will not be displeased with you. It lies at approximately 78.058% that no consequences will occur.>

U-um... mhm... a-alright then... if that's what you say... but...

I really wonder if dad would be happy to see me again...

* * *

It took quite a bit of time to bounce back but Great Sage remembered where I needed to go.

It was past a bunch of boulders, across the big canyon, I had to follow the little stream, and to the big lake was the path I needed to go. Great Sage can remember where we needed to go, I just had to follow Great Sage's path!

We eventually made it past the lake once more and arrived at our destination.

Dad should be here...

{Hm?}

He's here!... Well... he can't leave here so...

{So you have returned?}

"I did!"

{?!}

Dad looked deeply at me, rubbed his eyes, and looked at me again.

{Did you talk, little one?}

"I did! I got new Skills! This one is one of them!"

{This is... a rather impressive development. To think you would rapidly develop speech capabilities.}

"I know! I got this Skill from a bat!"

{From a bat? Do you mean to say you have taken the Skills from a Giant Bat?}