Court

Koko dutifully ate her porridge and completed her prayers daily as she was confined to her bedchambers for several days. Her only luxury was the morning tea brought to her, with the same herbs that Lord Kay had given her. Although the taste was bitter, it was the only warm drink she was allowed.

Koko understood by now that she had made a mistake by trusting Darryl. She had taken his word for it when he had told her that the Archbishop had allowed her to service him as well. She should have asked the Archbishop if this was true, instead.

Yet, she could not regret it fully because she could not forget the night she spent at the mercy of the men (and some women). But she did regret being confined to her bedchambers with only the stricted guards assigned to her door. No one touched her and she did not even have the joys of feasting like before. The menu was porridge for every meal - breakfast, lunch, and supper.

By the time her confinement was at a close, she was chafing at the bits. She had grown accustomed to pleasure, and it was difficult to return to a life of repentance and prayers. If the Archbishop wanted to punish her, he had succeeded. She vowed to obey him in all matters henceforth, so he wouldn't send her back. She was terrified some days, that she would never feel the touch of a man again.

Her hair coiffed, jewels against her throat, and on her fingers, Koko was dressed up in one of her extravagant gowns before she was summoned by the Archbishop. She had not seen him in a fortnight, and there had been no news of what had happened to Darryl either.

As she entered the dining hall where her Master and Lord was seated, she bent into a deep curtsy. Her breasts were trussed up in the tight gown, it's neckline low to show off her silky flesh. The Archbishop gestured for her to rise and bade her to accompany him as he walked out of the dining hall.

"Your Excellency, I do apologize for my past behavior. It will never happen again." She stammered an apology.

The Archbishop grunted. "That remains to be seen, Constance. Enough of that now. You are to fulfill your duties to the church and I expect no less but your full participation. Do you understand, Constance?"

Koko nodded fiercely as she followed behind him. "Oh yes, your Excellency. Your every word is my command." She beamed at his back, then hastily stepped back a bit as he turned around to look at her. "Uh..." She stammered, not knowing what to do.

The Archbishop cleared his throat then. "Your instructions for the foreseeable future is this. You will go to court, and be introduced as Lady Constance of Castlemore." He beckoned her to keep walking next to him. Koko hurried to keep up with his quick strides.

"Of course, your Excellency." She replied dutifully.

"You are to be gifted to the Northern prince. He is rumored to be selected as the crown prince, as the King is ill. As his mistress, you will see and hear things that you will report back to me. It is crucial for the Church that we keep him satisfied. Everyone's future rests on this task. Can I trust you, Constance?" He turned his sharp gaze on her then.

Gulping, Koko quickly nodded. "Oh yes, your Excellency. I will do exactly as I am told and ensure the Prince is pleased with me."

The Archbishop nodded in satisfaction.

"He is the last of the Princes that I do not have within my control, and the worst one. He has not fallen for any of the other dolls I have sent him, and distributed them to his soldiers. But I have a feeling, he would keep you."

He then brushed his hand against her face, then trailed it down her neck to her bosom. Tugging her by her bodice, he glared down at her as she stumbled against him, her body flush against his. She could feel his hard erection against her belly, and she swallowed the saliva that pooled in her mouth. Would he take her here before sending her to court?

To her disappointment, he let her go. Shaking his head, he stepped outside to a waiting carriage. A cloak was slipped over her delicate shoulders by an attendant as she hurried to follow the Archbishop. Before she knew it, they were on their way to the Royal Palace.

The Archbishop paid her no mind during the journey - it was only a half hour carriage ride away. Koko imagined what the Prince would look like and whether she would prefer him or his soldiers. It did not scare her, but she was anxious to please them all. She did not want to be confined to her former life or worse, again. It pleased her to play a small role in furthering the interests of the Church, while receiving so much pleasure in return. She was eagerly awaiting to begin her duties. She only wished she knew what those were, as it was not yet clear if she would even have the chance.

The Royal Palace was bustling with activity when they arrived in time for a royal Ball. Koko thought her dress was extravagant, but it was no comparison to the rich colours of jewel encrusted silk and velvet attire of the Royal Court.

"Close your mouth." The Archbishop reprimanded her. Koko quickly obeyed, but she still looked at her surroundings with awe. There was music being played - fiddles and harps, a young man and woman were singing sweetly. Koko wished she could stand before them to watch the performance but the Archbishop cut a swathe through the crowd, and she followed behind him timidly.

The crowds bowed to the Archbishop as he walked past them, their curious stares on her. Finally, they reached the dais, and Koko stood slightly behind the Archbishop as he halted before it.

There was a single throne, and upon it sat the most beautiful man she had ever seen.