Bullies

Tim was shoved into the lockers and he glared at the ground. The fact that he could beat these guys up easily but wasn't allowed to was killing him. 

"Make sure to not let things get out of hand." Bruce had said before Alfred drove them to school.

He had been talking to all of them but half of his brothers didn't have to worry about it. No one would mess with Jason because of his sheer size and reputation, Dick was too popular to get bullied, and Damian was so annoying and mean that he was considered the bully in his grade. Tim was the nerd in his grade with perfect A's who was too tired to be socially accepted. 

He hated high-school. His favorite classes were the college classes he attended on weekends.

"You're such a coward Timmy." Alex Brooke said as he and his friends laughed.

With guys like these, Tim understood why people would become villains. 

Alex stepped up to Tim but froze when someone behind him said "Take another step and see what happens."

Alex turned to reveal Jason in the hall way, his backpack slung over one shoulder as he leaned against the wall. He might have seemed relaxed from behind but his tall stance and dark glower was nothing short of threatening.

"Oh, Jason, what's up?" Alex asked nervously. 

Jason wasn't having any of it as he lifted his hand and jutted his thumb behind him. Alex got the memo and he and his friends started to hurry around Jason to leave.

Jason pushed off the wall as his eyes followed the group until they turned a corner.

Tim sighed and straightened to roll the shoulder that had slammed into the locker. 

"Thanks" Tim muttered.

"What was that?" Jason asked. "You let punks push you around now?"

Tim frowned. "No. Bruce said to be controlled and on the down low for this school year."

"I doubt he meant let people use you as a doormat." Jason said.

"You don't know what he meant." Tim replied. Before Jason could say anything Tim asked "What are you doing here anyway? Your classes aren't over here."

Jason raised an eyebrow "You were supposed to help me study during lunch."

"Oh yeah." Tim sighed. He checked his watch. "We still have time if you want to head over to the library."

"What's your definition of time because mine isn't twenty minutes before our next classes." Jason asked snarkily.

"Jeez, I'm sorry, okay? This hasn't been a very good day for me either." Tim replied.

Jason frowned. "You should beat those kids up."

"No." Tim said as he picked up his satchel and walked past him.

"Then I'll beat them up." Jason suggested.

"Absolutely not." Tim said. "Look, we have enough time to get some food and go over some flash cards if you're willing."

Jason scoffed "Sure, everyone knows the best place to study in the cafeteria."

The two of them walked down the hall and passed a door which was kicked open. Mr Tofflemire stomped out with Damian's arm in hand. He shoved Damian out of the classroom and said "And stay out until your next class!"

Damian scowled and turned around to the door but it was slammed in his face before he could say whatever witty retort he had planned.

Jason and Tim stopped in their tracks as Damian adjusted his uniform and scoffed.