✨ Final Truth✨ the Epilogue

A few months later

A few months later...

"Go get'em Babe!" I yell at the top of my lungs while in the commotion Rhett almost spills his beer all over me. "Get it! Come on!" I cuff my hands around my mouth to yell louder and that's when she passes the puck into the net and I'm so fucking proud. I'm celebrating as she Cupid's me in the chest with an imaginary arrow. Her celly of choice, of course, and I'm so damn glad it's me she's pointing that stick at. It's her first game of the season and she already can slap a piece of tape on that puck with her name on it. She is smiling ear to ear as she celebrates with her team before the game restarts.

"You're such a fangirl." Rhett mutters at me with a smirk.

"Oh, definitely." I point at my beanie, her jersey number on display at the front of my head, the biggest smile on my face while I do so. "I fangirl for her, she fangirls for me." I chuckle with a shrug.

"You're disgustingly cute, but I miss you man." He nudges me in the arm before taking a sip of his beer.

"Yeah, I miss you not." I tease him, but he knows I have been missing him and Brooks ever since I moved out, but yeah, I couldn't say no to a contract that came with a city view apartment.

A Bruins contract.

Confused?

Let me fill you in.

After Céline's rehab she told me she was determined to join the Harvard Women's team and so she trained hard. But not before we spend the better part of the summer exploring Paris where she taught me more French than I'll ever have to use, and before continuing our trip through the rest of France and some parts of Italy.

Italy definitely has better food.

We did argue about that.

Did she threaten to tell her mom about it?

Yeah, she did.

Did I lose the argument?

What do you think...

After we got home, she got to work with Stella and I joined the Bruins for their summer program, thanks to Sean, or well dad as I have been calling him more often lately. After the program they immediately wanted to sign me. It was about as perfect as it could get. I would still be able to finish my degree, campus wasn't that far and then again, I'm smart enough to pass my classes without actually going to any of the lectures. I'm gloating, yeah, I am. And the bonus is that it's just a short drive to see Céline whenever I want to. The contract amount was huge, way more than I probably deserve, including a Boston city apartment. I have been living there for the past month and I can't help but say I'm kind of lonely when I get home and there's nobody there, but to every problem there's a solution, right? 

 I have been living there for the past month and I can't help but say I'm kind of lonely when I get home and there's nobody there, but to every problem there's a solution, right?