~Chapter 0: The Story Of Gong Yoo and Iris~

There once was a woman named Iris. Iris was a very good-hearted woman. She loved her family, friends, and... Well... Food, of course. One day, during her trip with her family, Iris sat alone on the beach. The sun began to set, and once Iris stood up to leave, she found a little fish scale that had washed up on her foot. The scale was shiny and golden. It was also much bigger than normal fish scales. Iris just shrugged her shoulders.

"It's probably a regular scale from a bigger fish." Iris then noticed another scale similar to the one she had just found. She picked it up and saw a trail of the beautiful fish scales. Iris grabbed her bag and followed the trail. She had followed the scales for for about ten minutes before she had reached this shady and wet area. Iris saw that the trail had stopped. She looked around and saw a fish laying on a rock. Iris walked up to the rock to inspect the fish and saw how big and bright the fish was. "You're beautiful..."

It was golden. The fish was covered in the beautiful scales Iris had found. Iris carefully scanned the fish and noticed that it was injured. There was a open cut on its tail. Iris felt bad for the fish. She knew that a bandage wouldn't help. She searched through her bag and found a needle and some thread. Iris began to stitch the cut closed the best she could. Once she was finished, she put the fish back in the water. The fish sunk. Once Iris was about to walk away, again, a huge wave rose up with the fish within it. The fish's tail became legs, its fins became arms and the fish became human. He was tall, tanned, and dressed in all gold. The patterns of his clothing looked just like his scales and he wore a golden crown. Iris was in shock. The man walked over to Iris and held her hands in his.

"Thank you for saving me, dear Iris." The man bowed down to Iris with a smile on his face.

"Who are you? " Iris was confused. The man stood straight before speaking...

"I am Gong Yoo. Ruler of the sea and the creatures within it. I am the first born ruler of the merpeople of Gwang-do or, also known as, Euphoria by non-fish tongue speakers." Gong Yoo smiled once again.

Iris couldn't believe what she was hearing. She closely examined the man to make sure that he was really the fish, and he was. Iris bowed down quickly. "It's an honor to meet you, your majesty." Gong Yoo chuckled before stooping down to Iris' level.

"I should be praising you instead, madam Iris. You have saved my life, and now I shall repay you with it." Iris couldn't possibly believe her ears. She was speechless.

"How do you know my name?" Iris watched as Gong Yoo stood up in front of her.

"I read your mind and looked through all of your memories. I wanted to know more about the woman I'll be marrying." Iris' jaw dropped.

"Marriage?" She watched as Going Yoo pulled a pink shell out of his pocket. He opened the shell and unveiled a beautiful pearl, intertwined with a golden ring in the shape of two twisted pieces of coral.

"If you accept this ring, you will not only share the same powers as I do, but you will also have my life in your hands. I will stay by your side until the end of our time, not only out of payment but out of my love for you." Iris smiled. A smile as bright as the gold in her ring and a million stars in the sky. She accepted the ring and what came with it. She joined Gong Yoo in the water and happily became his queen.

They later had their son, Dawon, who became the sole heir to the throne. The two lived happily together, in love until their days came to an end. Their final breaths were spread throughout the sea with a burst of their love combined. With those final breaths, all merpeople were blessed with the ability to walk on land and live in the sea. They were also given what's called the "Golden Touch". When merpeople reach their full age of adulthood, their tails will turn gold and remain that way until they've passed on. This blessing gets passed down to every generation of merfolk. There is now a saying that the merpeople live by...

"The touch of gold and a heart of pure love, run within me."

This shows that the first King, Gong Yoo, and his eternal Queen, Iris, lives on within the merpeople and the ocean as a whole, forever, as long as the ocean thrives.

♡~The End~♡

A/N: This is the story as to how the Kingdom came about. I have been working very and on this story and I genuinely hope that you all enjoy it. This idea had been floating (pun intended) in my head for a very long while and I think that I've finally thought out enough chapters to the point that I'm ready to begin publishing chapters. Please enjoy the story that I am endlessly working to write. Stay tuned! Love you all! 💜