Twenty-Seven || Steam Gorilla

A/N : Guess how many instruments I can play, lol.

There it was.

The Steam Gorilla.

So sleek, so powerful, and so conventional.

Everyone in the village had stockpiled everything they needed and were ready to leave. In the meantime, you were able to stealthily get Arthur to keep an eye on this car from a distance, which he happily complied.

You also bring Ya and Yumi since it was unquestionably needed.

"I can't wait to see Taiju and Yuzu again." You smiled warmly, leaning against Senku.

He chuckled, "And I'm sure you're looking forward to seeing your underground base again. That thing was like your pride and joy."

"Of course it is!" You let out a dramatic gasp, "I built it out of my own sweat and tears."

"Don't be dramatic."

"I am being serious!"

However, you broke off your conversation when you saw the elders gathered in front of you two. They seemed to be waiting for the proper moment to say what they wished.

"Senku... (Name)," An elderly man approached the two of you. He smiled so kindly as he looked up, "We think that it would be best if we stay behind."

At that moment, everyone softly gasped, wondering why they had thought that.

"The elder folks have all talked it over. You — youngins — could bring the science gear yourselves, it would just take a couple more trips. So why did you build this so-called automobile contraption?" He assumed, explaining lightly, "Because us — old folks — would slow you down or stop you from getting there. We've got you two completely figured out."

Senku blinked twice in disbelief before looking away, finally feeling the warmth and generosity that this village had shown him.

"No, that's not it." He reasoned, "Honestly, I mostly built it because I love using science to create things."

You then spoke out, offering the elders a polite smile, "Never forget that we never consider you people to be a burden."

An elderly woman switched her warm gaze towards you, "Thank you, (Name). I had no doubt you would understand. We belong in Ishigami Village."

"And without us taking up room, you can bring more science tools." The elderly man went on once more.

Even though the other villagers expressed their concerns, the elders remained unmoved. Their decision has not changed; They will stay.

"The Tsukasa Empire is the least of our concern." With the others nodding, another elder remarked, "You wanna know why?"

With those hopeful eyes —eyes that reflected their trust in both of you and what you can do — they all stepped forward.