13.

You were distinctly aware of the attention on you as you walked through the crowded York New airport. In a crowd of people, where you should have felt invisible, you were completely watched. The group split once you got to the airport to attract less attention, with Chrollo directing everyone to get onto Airship 329 and await directions about which cabin to aggregate in. Shalnark then handed everyone their tickets and went on his merry way with Kortopi, Bonolenov, and the black-haired girl, who you found out was named Shizuku. Uvogin and Phinks, who were hesitant to leave your side, eventually walked away along with Nobunaga and Franklin. Their travel day was uncannily normal, though you didn't know what you were expecting. A small part of you thought a group like the Phantom Thieves would just steal an airship or sneak on instead of getting tickets. Though, that wouldn't make much sense either: they had more money than they knew what to do with, why would they make life more difficult for themselves. 

You were left the fourth in the final group: walking with Chrollo, Machi, and that small man Feitan. Machi specifically requested to monitor you. It seems she was completely intent on following through on her terrifying promise from the night prior. In the heat of the night and the somewhat passive behavior of Chrollo, you had momentarily forgotten who you were dealing with. But Machi's statement brought you right back down to earth. 

"If you do anything tomorrow that causes trouble for any of us, I will personally hunt you down and make sure you get as close to death as possible without killing you."

Her threat still rang in your ears, and your skin still prickled at the memory of her touch.

Presently, you walked up front, side by side with Chrollo. Feitan and Machi walked slightly behind you, following closely in your footsteps. Neither one has said a thing to you all morning. Machi only graced you with a warning look now and again. Feitan was yet to acknowledge you directly; he only looked at you with mocking, cruel eyes, like your whole existence was a joke to him. Chrollo was also as silent as ever, but you could see him thinking.  

Getting to your gate, you walked onto the airship without any issues. As you handed your ticket to the uniformed man checking off the passengers, Machi's cold eyes glared at you with a warning for the millionth time.

 'Keep staring,' you thought, 'I don't intend to cause trouble on this trip anyway.' 

The man handed back your ticket stub and outstretched his hand to Feitan, who handed him his ticket. The man looked jittery; it seemed you weren't the only one Feitan put on edge. Getting onto the plane, the three of you followed Chrollo up to the first floor, and all the way down the hall to an empty cabin. Chrollo quickly called Shalnark, letting him know that the group was to meet in cabin number 19.

Now, you sat in one of the empty booths inside the cabin, shivering. Cabin number 19 was cold as hell, and you could see your breath cloud the window slightly as you moved closer to it. You missed your warm jacket, which was currently in possession of the troupe after Machi took it with the rest of your dirty clothes. Miserably, you stared at the rolling landscape underneath you en route to Kotoritana Republic. For all your travels, you have never been there. This meant you also didn't have any contacts there. If only you could contact Viktor, but you needed a phone or a computer to do that, and you had no access to those at this stage in the game. You'd have to get closer, show your loyalty somehow, or at least your willingness to be loyal: then maybe they would begin to let down their guard.

The door opening grabbed your attention, and Uvogin walked in with his hands full of fast food items, which, considering the size of his arms, was enough food to feed a small village. Following him were Franklin, Nobunaga, and Phinks, the latter of which exhaled through his nose with relief as soon as he saw you in the cabin.