Prologue: A Sibling Bond

(Author's POV)

It all started a while ago when the Playcare was built underneath the toy factory known as Playtime Co., there was a young 10 year old boy by the name of Y/n L/n, who was one of the many orphaned kids that was sent to Playcare, but he didn't make many friends at Playcare because no one wants to play with him for no reason.

Y/n wasn't a bad kid nor a weird one, he's a sweet and caring child that just wanted to make some friends to play and laugh with and no one in the Playcare wants to be friends with him at all.

Well, except for one of those kids, who is a 9-year-old boy named Trinity Grambell and she is one if not only kid in the entire Playcare that managed to become friends with Y/n, and she really enjoyed playing with him despite the other kids making fun of them or how badly treated towards Y/n. Luckily for him, Theo is always there to stand up to Y/n like he's an older brother to him and proud of it too.

Y/n never thought to be in a place that makes toys for a living. In fact, it never seized to amaze him of the creations of Playtime co, making living toys was a start and they seem to be friendly towards Y/n. Maybe a bit too friendly, which Y/n doesn't seem to mind as the toys can be a bit overprotective like how one of them named Huggy Wuggy tried to attack one of the kids that punched Y/n in the stomach or when Mommy Long Legs nearly broke one of the kid's arms when one of them pushed Y/n to the train tracks before the train could arrive.

The workers and scientists were all curious is to why they are all acting this way when Y/n is around, but this gives them the opportunity to study Y/n whenever they bring one of the living toys to see how they react to the child.

Huggy Wuggy: She gave Y/n a big, but gentle hug, sending out a purring sound whenever she hugs Y/n to her soft and fluffy chest.

Mommy Long Legs: Once she is inside with Y/n, she immediately showed her motherly side to herself to Y/n, and she played games with Y/n as she treats him like her own child.

Bunzo Bunny: He is happy to be with someone like Y/n as he played a happy tune with his cymbals and sang happy birthday to him, even though that it wasn't Y/n's birthday today, but Y/n enjoyed it very much as he and Bunzo Bunny played games together.

PJ Pug-a-Pillar: When he enters the room, he acts like a pet dog to Y/n, and he happily licks his face and plays with him.

Boogie Bot, Bron, Candy Cat and Bee Cat: Like every other toy, they all did the same thing as they laughed and played with each other.

These tests have given them enough information on the Y/n as they have an amazing idea to create a new line of toys that Y/n and the other kids will enjoy that will become the new mascots of Playcare.

However, they needed a test subject to make it happen and they know who the perfect candidate for that kind of project is.

After Y/n was escorted back to Playcare through the Elliot Express, Trinity was happy to see Y/n return from the testing labs.

Trinity: Hey, buddy? Did you have fun playing with the other toys?

Y/n: I sure did, Trin! They were really friendly to me, and it was weird at first, but it was ok. Did you have a good time without me, though?

Trinity: Oh, yeah! I'm doing great today! I've been talking to my "friend" a lot.

When Y/n met Trinity in Playcare, he has learned about her "friend" that she always mentioned about her imaginary friend, she says that Y/n and her "friend" are the only friends she has. Y/n has always wanted to know who this "friend" is, but Trinity doesn't want to tell anyone about him to Y/n or anyone else, which Y/n completely understands and decides to not to investigate on who this "friend" really is that might lead him into trouble.