Chapter 44: Through The Connection

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{THROUGH THE CONNECTION}
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
______________________________________
♡♥♡♥♡

ΔWARNING:

• Mentions of sexual harrasment and panic attack.
______________________________________

"Oi, meurieur!" Zeph called for the demon over his shoulder. "Look." He pushed away the manuscripts and ancient documentations he had been searching through as he picked up an old photograph.

The Shaman was sprawled on the floor in Damon's house with the recent findings he spotted in a hidden chamber in the temple. The demon can't step foot inside the temple but the shaman can enter his house, which is why, the mind reading demon's house was their meeting spot.

Carter had gone tired reading and searching through the dozens of scripts displayed in front of him to go through. So, he called it a day and went back home to help his mother in the household chores instead.

"Looks like an old painting." Damon observed as he took the piece of art from Zeph.

"Not just any painting. Look at the people in this." The shaman said in a low voice, mind already racing as he tried to figure out the meaning behind it.

As he narrowed his eyes to carefully inspect the painting, the demon's eyes widened.

"Is this... a prediction of some sort?"

"Someone visualised this scene centuries ago. This was bound to happen."

"This is bad." Damon stressed. "I don't feel so good about this. This almost seems like the onset of a war." He handed the painting back to the Shaman. 

"We can't help it if it's already been written in their destinies."

"Destiny can be altered."

"No, it can't be. We feel as if we can change the course of our lives but once it's been scripted, there's no changing it."

"How are you so sure about it?!" Damon felt angry at Zeph's lack of concern regarding the matter.

The shaman sighed, "No matter what you do to try to change it, it eventually retracts on the path and the events play out as they were supposed to. If not in the same manner as initially planned, then in a similar way."

He picked up the piece of paper he had been familiarised with before. Reading over the contents once again, his initial puzzlement seems to slowly fade away.

"You can't run from destiny. It always catches up to you."

The prophecy Zeph had found before is finally starting to make sense to him.

"There will be a war. And it would be the beginning to the end of all this.."

"The end of this curse."

He looked up to stare right into Damon's blue eyes before looking down back at the old painting.

"It was all planned this way since the start."

***

I was in my room, standing in front of the window as I blankly stared outside, letting the cool wind brush past me to enter inside.

Four days. It had been four days since he left and still there was no sign of him.

Leon hadn't gone to Ms. Jennings' house. She wasn't in any trouble because it was all just a trap.