10

~ JANUARY ~

New Year's Eve came and once again, Michelle was invited to co-host the GMA New Year countdown. 

She didn't want to post an end of the reel this year but Mike insisted that it's essential so she had it edited by the same company she used the past years. She didn't really put in any effort in choosing the photos this time around, sending random photos of places she's been and events she attended. 

She, instead, spent all her time and effort in making her own end of the year reel, all dedicated to the person who matters the most to her the whole of 2026. It was a collection of her photos with Anntonia throughout the year in places they've been or even in the most random places like a selfie in the car going to god knows where. Though there was already a lack of their photos outside of their house in the latter half the year, they still had their random selfies here and there. And since it was for Anntonia's eyes only, it was the perfect way to send her the videos she takes of her sleeping (yes, she's weird that way) and even just existing.

And of course, she didn't forget to include Herman in it, else all her efforts will go to waste if her girlfriend realizes the exclusion of their beloved baby.

A few minutes before the program starts at 10PM, she uploads the other reel into her IG with a generic happy new year message of gratitude and whatnots. She then sends Anntonia her own reel with a message.

 Happy new year, my baby! Thank you for sharing your 2026 with me, so lucky to have you in it and cheers to another year for us to conquer! I love you (and Herman!)! <3 <3 <3

Right before she hands her phone to her assistant, Anntonia sends a reply. 

Awwww. Happy new year, baby! Nowhere or with no one else I would have wanted to have spent my 2026 with than you!

And then she sends a selfie of her and Herman- cheek to cheek. All smiles. 

We love you, Daddy! See you next year :P

She lets out a small chuckle at her small joke, but not before blushing at her calling her Daddy. She really was the luckiest, she thinks, as she finally hands the phone to her assistant.  

-

Rhian and Max went abroad for the new year so Anntonia stayed alone at the house; which made Michelle feel guilty once again. So instead of staying for the after party with her network, as soon as the program ended, she immediately leaves.

As soon as she gets home, she sets up her plan in the terrace with the help of Kuya Francis before he finally bids her goodbye and a happy new year. She then heads up the stairs into their bedroom, and finds Anntonia where she expected her to be- fast asleep, since it was already past 2AM by then.

"Wake up, baby, wake up!" she shakes Anntonia as gentle as she can without alarming her too much. 

It took a good few minutes but Anntonia finally stirs awake with a frown, "Michelle, what-"

"C'mon, let's go," she pulls her up into a sitting position as soon as her eyes opens.

"Go where?" Anntonia says in between yawns. 

"Just outside, hurry," she pulls on the comforter covering her feet. "Let's go."

She contemplates on whether or not to carry her, but she'll probably hit her if she did, so she patiently helps her get her slippers on and guides her out of the room, down the stairs, and to the terrace.  She sits her down on the concrete curb and sits down beside her.