Chapter 6 - Leah

Chuckling, she shakes her head, mirth clear on her face. "No. You have to press the small green check mark or tell Cylo to permit that feature. I could hear the water falling in the background. It's turned off now. If you tap on the unlock button, your front door will unlock for me. If you're uncomfortable with me inside your home while you dress, I'll return when you're presentable."

With a sigh, I turn to exit the shower. "No, you can enter. I've unlocked the door. I'll be down in..." Cocking my head to the side, I view the words on the shower glass door. Inhaling sharply, I stumble against the wall behind me. "Irel, you have some explaining to do."

"Pardon?"

The screen makes a clicking noise, indicating the front door is locked and secure.

"Someone else is living in this house with me, Irel, and you know who it is. I want answers." She ran out of the house yesterday for a reason. Scratching at my arm, I stare at the finger-drawn letters in front of me.

You're safe with me. I'll kill the bastard if he comes for you.

Damon

"I'm not sure what you are talking about," her tone is low and cautious.

Snorting, I exit the shower, wrap a warm, fluffy towel around my wet body, and leave the bathroom. "Is that why words are scrawled on my shower door, Irel? I'm pretty damn adamant that I didn't write, 'You're safe with me. I'll kill the bastard if he comes for you.' Hmm?"

I leave out how I've named him. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad. Does this super believe I belong to him since I've given him a name?

"Shit!"

Jerking back, I stare at the screen that's followed me into the bedroom. It slides along the walls in my wake. "Irel?"

Irel rushes to the kitchen, the bags in her hands shaking with every step. She quickly pulls out plates and piles the bag's contents onto them. "I'll tell you what I know, Leah," she stutters. Is she frightened?

Worry etches into my skin. Is Damon like Derrek? Loving on the outside. A bloodthirsty murder behind closed doors.

Dawning my clothes, I stare at the screen, scrutinizing Irel. I know what fear and trepidation look like. Irel is showing signs of terror. "Irel? What is it?" Making my way to the kitchen with wet hair, I take a seat at the dining table. She's placed the plates on each end, giving us direct sight of each other.

With shaky hands, she raises her glass in a toast. "To new beginnings."

I hold my glass up to air cheer with hers. She barely takes a sip before it sloshes over the rim. "Enough, Irel. Tell me why you're terrified. Are we in danger?"

"This meal is from Lio down the street. I believe you call these noodles with vegetables and meat. The meat here isn't slaughtered like on earth. Each piece is healthily grown in a plant. This dish is called Li. I can write it down for you if you wish to order it later on from Lio." Shoveling a forkful into her mouth, Irel keeps her eyes averted.

"You told me my neighbors are here to help protect me from Derrek. If I ask them about this mysterious being living with me, will they give me a straight answer since you refuse to?" Crossing my arms, I stare her down. She knows something. Why isn't she saying anything?

Sighing, Irel places her fork down. "I can't tell you until I've been given permission, Leah. It's how this works. None of the dragons will, either. They won't risk its wrath. Neither will I."

Fear slices down my spine. "Whoever you are, if you don't permit Irel to tell me what and who you are, I'm packing my bags and leaving. I didn't just leave one prison to step into another." Gulping, I wait with razzed breath to see if this mysterious, untouchable super will do as he's told or if I'm losing my home.

I know it's juvenile, but I'm crossing my feet, fingers, and hands. Leaving this beautiful house will set me back, and who knows if I can sell it with whatever supernatural being is haunting it.

A rush of air wheezes from Irel's dry mouth. "Oh, thank the heavens. I thought I'd have trouble on my hands." She discernibly relaxes against her chair. Irel takes a drink of water, quenching her thirst. Clearing her throat, her eyes beam brightly at me. "You're one lucky bitch."

I choke on the water I'm drinking. "How so?" I cough, grunting to clear my throat. I wasn't expecting Irel to respond in such a way.

A napkin cleans up the sputter of water on my chin. Unnerving or thoughtful?

I'll say both at this current time.

Licking her lips, Irel's eyes zero in on the napkin, dabbing at the wet spot on my shirt. The pressure isn't encroaching or sexual. Damon is simply cleaning me up.

"You named him?" she asks.

Nodding, I watch the napkin settle back on the table. "I did. Can't keep calling him the super."

"And?"

Do I say his name? A wave of indecision seeps into me. "Can I tell her?" A yellow fruit is lifted from the bowl in the center of the table.

"What does that mean?" Irel asks, her eyes squinting at me in uncertainty.

I chuckle, marveling at how he's picking up our previous communication. "I call him Damon."

She nods at me, smirking. "Damon is a Sex Demon, Leah. They search for thousands, hundreds of thousands of years for a soul that calls to them. Damon feeds off sexual pleasure. Teasing you feeds him and strengthens him in this realm. The more his fingers caress your skin, the sooner you will see him."

I scrunch my brows, confused. "You mean no one can see him, not just me? How's that possible if you know about him?"

"I'm going to need something stronger than water for this conversation." A glass of amber appears out of thin air on the table. It startles the both of us. She nervously chuckles before taking a sip. "Sex demons have appeared on Catier since the beginning of time. They float, fly, walk, and zap around. You won't know they are there unless they have located the one with whom they plan to spend the rest of their lives. Or..."

When she doesn't continue, I grow curious. "Or?"

Advanced chapters are free to read on https://reamstories.com/tessat

You don't have to watch videos or earn coins to read the weekly update. It's free for all followers until the book is finished. I'll always have one book posting for followers to read for free.