Milani's New Life(Chapter 1)

Hey, my name is Milani Omara Lepora. I was born in 2006 in Saint Hemor. My mom, Calista Lepora, is the big boss of a company called Lepora, named after our family. My dad, Adan Lepora, is a busy businessman who's always traveling for work. Because of his job, we've never really stayed in one place for too long. Since I was four, my dad's been away a lot, and the same goes for my mom. But I'm lucky to have a cool nanny who takes care of me. Right now, we're on our way to this awesome city called Salm in the beautiful Sulani Island.

At approximately 3 a.m., we have yet to reach our destination. "Mother, could you please give me an estimate of how much longer our journey will take?" I asked politely as I gently rubbed my eyes and adjusted my posture. "We have been traveling for quite some time, and I am feeling quite tired."

As I wait patiently in the dimly lit car, I notice my mother's hand resting gently on her prominent baby bump. The anticipation of her impending due date is palpable. She addresses me, "Milani, we have discussed the potential length of this journey. It may even be extended if your sibling decides to arrive prematurely. I kindly request that you exercise patience and consider returning to sleep." Her tone is firm yet respectful.

I let out a deep breath, then gently lay back down on my pillow. I sit there for a moment, then turn to face both my parents in the front seat. "Do you think we'll have more time together since we're moving and because of the new baby?" A glimmer of hope crosses my face as I smile slightly, hoping for a positive response.

In the dimly lit car, I observe their silhouettes. They turn their heads to look at each other, and both pause, anticipating one to initiate the conversation. My father then states, "Well, Milani, we have decided to relocate here in pursuit of improved opportunities. We believe this move will contribute to your success, based on the positive feedback we have received from individuals residing here. Additionally, we considered the potential for future expansion of our family, whether through your own future endeavors or our decision to have more children. It is possible that your mother and I may be frequently absent due to our work commitments, and therefore, we have entrusted your care to your nanny."

All of a sudden, the little bit of hope I had just vanished, and I felt a profound sense of sadness and anger. I remained silent for the rest of the car ride, contemplating how I felt they did not value me as an individual but rather only cared about my achievements. Eventually, I drifted off to sleep.

After a few hours, we finally arrive at our destination. "We're here!" My father exclaimed enthusiastically, his voice filled with excitement. However, I found myself struggling to comprehend his words, still in a state of grogginess. I slowly sat up and turned to face him, confusion evident on my face. As I rubbed my eyes to gain a clearer vision, I noticed my nanny and mother appearing beside him, sharing in his excitement. My nanny, unable to contain her enthusiasm, exclaimed, "Come along, Milani, let's get started! We have your new house to settle into. You'll adore your new room and how lovely it is." With a warm smile, she hurried me out of the car, handing me various items. Still feeling drowsy and disoriented, I began walking, my steps heavy with sleepiness.

I nearly reach the steps when I trip over something. Unsure of what it was, I begin to fall, dropping all the items my nanny had given me. I find myself on the ground, groaning in pain and still very sleepy. "Oh dear," I mutter to myself. Then I hear an unfamiliar voice. "Excuse me?...May I offer you assistance?" I look up to see a tall figure. He appears to be a young man with voluminous hair. "Urghh," I say as I place my hand on my head. Still feeling drowsy, I blink several times. "W-who might you be?" Finally, as he draws closer, I observe an exceptionally tall individual with fluffy hair. His hair is dyed, fading from black to blonde. He has freckles and captivating blue eyes. Then I notice another person approaching from behind him. "Hello, my name is Dorian," he says as he extends his hand to help me up. I hesitate momentarily but accept his assistance, and he helps me stand. "My apologies, I did not intend to startle you," he says.