⟣Chapter 133

⟣•133•⟢
: I OPENED A CLINIC IN THE APOCALYPSE

• • •
TL: Moonlit

Xiao Hen rushed to the research institute with his team, only to find chaos inside, clearly indicating that they had been attacked.

Meng Lao was furious. “They have no professional ethics! This behavior is tantamount to betraying the country!”

After inquiring, Xiao Hen learned that the attackers of the virus research institute were all foreigners who had stayed in China during the apocalypse. Now that news about the zombie virus antidote and the vaccine couldn’t be contained, those foreigners had set their sights on the research institute.

What was even more infuriating was that someone from within the institute had let them in, proving the saying that even the most cautious person couldn’t guard against a family thief. The research institute was bombed, and the blood samples containing antibodies were stolen. It was clearly a premeditated act.

Xiao Hen asked, “Can those blood samples be replicated to obtain antibody cells?”

If antibody cells could be infinitely replicated, creating a vaccine would be a matter of time.

Meng Lao sneered, “Stealing the blood samples won’t help them. Antibodies remain stable within the human body. Once replicated, their structure becomes unstable and mutates in various directions. Otherwise, we wouldn’t have been unable to produce a vaccine.”

Since the vaccine couldn’t be replicated, stealing the blood samples was useless.

Xiao Hen didn’t linger and immediately rushed to the place where Alen was detained. Alen’s corpse insects had been completely wiped out, and the backlash had been severe. Even now, he couldn’t use his abilities, but he hadn’t turned into a zombie and had been saved with the antidote.

Alen was still useful, and Xiao Hen didn’t want him to die just like that.

Alen looked disheveled, with the area where the corpse insects had burrowed still in ruins. He had become extremely thin.

Xiao Hen didn’t kill him, nor did he completely detoxify him. Every day, he added a few drops of the antidote to his drinking water, keeping him in this state. This led Alen to misunderstand, thinking that Xiao Hen was constantly trying to persuade him to cooperate.

“I’ve said it before, we’re not the first group. We have been exposed, and there are many others who haven’t been.”

“Your antidote is not perfect. It can’t completely eliminate the zombie virus. But the direction is correct. We can provide equipment and technical support. If we research together, we will definitely be able to produce a real antidote. You have to believe that there is still a gap between China’s medical level and the West’s. With our involvement, not only an antidote, but a vaccine is also not far away.”

Alen, who had been kept imprisoned, was unaware of the changes outside.

Xiao Hen knew that Alen and his group must have received professional training. Useful information hadn’t been extracted through interrogation, and instead, they were trying to persuade him to collaborate on research every day.

Xiao Hen said, “You might be mistaken. Our antidote is very successful, and we don’t need to collaborate on research.”

Alen opened his arms for Xiao Hen to see. “If this is what you call success, then I have deep concerns about your medical level.”

Xiao Hen replied, “Just because I haven’t cured you once doesn’t mean our antidote isn’t successful.”

Alen fell silent, gradually realizing a possibility, his expression growing darker.