CHAPTER 4

"For such an act, you should surely be punished! Committing an act of violence against a fellow Jujutsu sorcerer could be considered treason!"

Sukuna's fists clenched tightly as he stared fixedly at the ground. Across from him stood Haruto, sporting a bandaged nose and a smug look that seemed to taunt Sukuna's very being.

"However... we will overlook this incident."

The smirk vanished from Haruto’s face, replaced by a mask of disbelief as he turned to the council of elders.

"What?! But he attacked me! You must expel him—"

"SILENCE!"

The elder's commanding shout echoed through the chamber, cutting Haruto off mid-sentence. He instantly dropped his gaze to the floor, muttering a hasty apology before being briskly escorted out by the guards.

"I hope you are aware, Sukuna, that we will not tolerate another incident such as this," the elder stated, his voice stern and unyielding.

Sukuna gritted his teeth, taking a deep, controlled breath to compose himself before responding with a strained, "Yes, I understand."

"Good. You are dismissed."

He nodded solemnly and rose from his seated position, bowing his head respectfully before turning to leave. As he reached the door, the elder's voice halted him once more.

"Oh, and do keep your... monstrous tendencies at bay. Do not make us regret taking you in."

Sukuna’s eyes twitched involuntarily as he stepped fully out and closed the door behind him. Once he was a safe distance from the building, he unleashed a furious yell, flames flickering around his fists as his eyes glared daggers into the void.

He despised this place with every fiber of his being.

{<<<|>>>}

"WOMAN?! WHERE ARE YOU?!"

Sukuna scanned the grassy expanse atop the hill he now found himself on, searching for the woman who had promised to resolve his troubles.

"I shall lead you to her, sir."

He jumped slightly at the sudden voice, turning to face a monk-like figure with stark white hair and an expressionless gaze.

"Wh- who the hell are y—"

"Follow me."

{<<<|>>>}

Though they had only been walking for five minutes, to Sukuna it felt like an eternity. The air was thick with tension and distrust as he kept his eyes locked on the monk's back, body tense and ready to react at the slightest provocation.

They suddenly stopped, causing Sukuna to halt as well. Confused, he looked past the monk to see a veil hanging in the air before them.

"A veil?"

"We will now pass through. However, the mistress has taken pity on you and offers you a choice. You may turn back now and continue your ordinary life, forgetting meeting her ever occurred and forget everything, or you may step through and change your life forever. Decide now."

Sukuna stared at the monk, taking in their words to the letter, looking back at the veil before looking down at his hands. Did he really want whatever this woman was offering? This was a veil meaning she was a Jujutsu sorcerer... how did he not feel any cursed energy though? She was invisible and so was this monk person? When did he become the prime example of dumb decisions?

He deadpanned at himself as he looked at the veil. 'Guess it's time to fuck around and find out.'

With a deep breath, he stepped forward and passed through the veil, only to stop abruptly as everything around him appeared unchanged.