2. The Vulture Swoops Down!

"Face it, Tiger, you just hit the jackpot." Mary Jane said with a cheeky grin on her face.

I stood in shock before a smile found itself on my face.

"Damn right," I said under my breath, but it seemed as if she had heard me since she giggled. "I'm (Y/n) Parker."

I extended my hand out for her, and she shook it. Her hands were soft and warm. I noticed the fresh coat of red polish on her nails.

"You've got some strong hands (Y/n). I never thought you'd have some from what your aunt told me about you." Mary Jane said as she inspected my palms.

"What did she say exactly?" I questioned as I narrowed my eyes at my aunt, who just giggled.

"Well, she told me how much you love to bury yourself in a good book or work on science experiments."

"Oh, I mean do that, but not as much as I did back in my early years of high school."

"Why don't you tell me more?"

"Go on (Y/n), go grab yourself something to eat with Mary Jane." Aunt May said with a smile on her face.

I chuckled at her attempts to get the ball rolling between me and this lovely redhead.

"Is that cool with you, Mary Jane?"

"I'm down. And just call me MJ."

"MJ, I like it."

She smiled sweetly and brushed aside some hair behind her ear.

"Thank you." She said.

I walked over to the front door and opened the door for her. She walked ahead of me as I began to hear our aunts gossiping about us. I silently shook my head before closing the door.

"What are you in the mood for?"

"Hmm, I'm fine with anything, really. I haven't eaten all day."

"If that's the case, I know this chill Mexican restaurant we can eat at. The place has the best tortas in all of Midtown."

"Ooh, consider me intrigued."

We chuckled to ourselves as we began to walk to the restaurant together. It was thankfully not much of a walk, but still a bit out of the way.

"So MJ, what brings you to your aunt's?"

"Well," she began. "I came here because I'm actually going to be attending Empire State University."

"Oh, you're going to ESU, too?" I asked, genuinely surprised.

"Yep! And since you're going there, I'll at least know someone on campus."

"Of course! I'll be there if ya need something. But I don't doubt someone like you can instantly click with so many people."

"What gives you that impression?" She asked as she began to get a bit closer to me as we walked.

"It's just a gut feeling I have. You just have this air about you that can drive people towards you. And it's not just your beauty."

She giggled and playfully slapped my arm.

"My aunt said you were a shy guy. Maybe she was wrong." She playfully said as she carried a smile on her face.

"Trust me, I am. Complete bozo when it comes to social interactions." I said while chuckling and holding my hands up in defense. "I'm not really flirting, more so stating some cold hard facts."

"But you do admit that I'm beautiful to you?"

"Yes, ma'am."

We laughed together before reaching the restaurant, I held the door open for her, and we walked in. We got seated in a booth away from everyone. We ordered our drinks as the waitress handed us the menus. I pretty much knew what I wanted as MJ glanced over it to find out what she wanted.