TW20 - Background

WIN

Upon escaping from the dangerous situation, three of us arrived back at the GMM base, where we were able to rest and recover from the ordeal.

Now find myself lying in our shared room, still catching my breath from the exertion of the battle.

As I lay there, taking time out to relax and recuperate, I reflect on the close scrape we have just survived.

Merry is sleeping, while Bright is with a doctor for checkup. He lost a lot of blood, after all.

The knocking roused me from my thoughts, and I opened the door to find my fellow GMM agents Chimon and Perth.

"Are you feeling well? How is the status of your arm?"

Chimon quickly showed concern.

"Im feeling better. How's Bright doing?" I responded.

"Bright is doing well, he just needs some time to rest."
It was at that point that I began to recall certain details.  "By the way, this tiny thing is made by you, right?" I showed him.

He deeply sighed.

"Yes it is from me. But it was boss order."

I sarcastically chuckled.

"Boss order to what?"

"To help Merry in case of emergencies."

"Yeah, so you sent a damn seven year old kid to kill an adult?" I said with sarcastic tone.

"Win, it's not like that."

"Then explain."

"Merry was the closest one to you.
After we saw that yours and Bright's life signals were getting low we knew that we didn't have the chance to quickly save you." Perth jumped into the conversation.

"That still doesn't change the fact that YOU sent a fricking SEVEN YEAR OLD." I yelled at them, the conversation getting hotter.

"Papa Win! Stop being to uncle Perth and uncle Chimon!" Suddenly a soft voice was heard.   "Uncle Chimon just wanted me to save papa's!!"

"Merry! Yes, you saved us, but you've could have died, you understand?!"

"PAPA WIN! Yes I've could have died, but  this is normal for me. I used weapons in the past all the time!"

"HUHHHH?"
"HUHHHH?"
"HUHHHH?"

The three of us shouted at the same time.

"... Merry.. What do you mean by that?" I wanted to make sure.

"I used to have two mama's. Mama Love and Mama Milk. They both used to be part of the spy cooperation, but they quit shortly after they had me. But in case of any kind of emergency, they made me learn how to protect myself."

"Wait, wait! Love, you say?" I asked to confirm, if I heard it correctly. "What's her surname?"

"Dunno." She simply replied, her voice getting shaky.

"Merry, what happened after?" Chimon worriedly asked.

Her eyes were getting glossy, her eyeglass were getting foggy.
She stared at all of us.

"They both got killed. Or that's what they told me." And she couldn't help it anymore. Tears welled from deep inside and coursed down her cheeks.

Thats when I realized...

......

It definitely means I'm her uncle.

The three of us went to hug her and all her down.

Love. Love is my older sister who got shot to death, after she sacrificed herself, to save hundreds of people in Phuket.

Merry's backstory is an unexpected one for sure.

I couldn't help, but feel sorry for her.

She was hiding all this pain with a simple smile.