Raven and Rue by @ella_rowan

𝚂𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚢:

𝚂𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚢:

𝗔 𝗯𝗼𝘆 𝘄𝗵𝗼 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝘁𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝘁𝗼 𝗮𝗻𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗹𝘀. 𝗔 𝗺𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗮𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲 𝗻𝗮𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘀𝘆 𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗿. 𝗔𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘁𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝗼𝗹𝗱 𝘄𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻. 𝗔 𝘀𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗺𝗮𝗴𝗶𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗻.𝗔 𝗰𝗮𝘀𝘁𝗹𝗲, 𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻𝘃𝗶𝘁𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗹𝗼𝗰𝗸 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝗶𝗱𝗻𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁, 𝗮 𝗹𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗲 ...𝗦𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗿 𝘆𝗲𝘁?

Pip is the happiest boy in the kingdom of Lindensea, until he loses everything and becomes the saddest boy in the world. Falling in love with a dishevelled young nobleman who is leaving the kingdom seems like a piece of foolishness that will only break his heart.

It took hard work and determination for Pip to survive. It will take time, luck, and a sprinkle of magic for a chance at true happiness. But are the stars on his side, or working against him?The question remains: 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘙𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘯? 𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘪𝘴 𝘙𝘶𝘦?

𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚍?: Yes, with a total of 30 chapters.

𝙼𝚢 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝𝚜:

I'm going to be honest, I am a huge sucker for fairy-tale retellings. So, I knew going into this story that there was a good chance I was going to like it. However, I was not expecting to be blown away by @ella_rowan 's beautiful, unique twist on the classic Cinderella tale.

Raven and Rue focuses on our main character, a boy named Pip, and his struggles through life. We, as the reader, are taken along on his adventure from an unlucky country boy to being the happiest man in all the land. It is through his lifelong journey that tough subjects such as parental death, sexuality, and gender are tackled in a beautiful way that I think many will find enjoyable.

However, don't be fooled by these hard-hitting topics. This story is still very lighthearted. There were many times where I found myself giggling and even kicking my feet with joy. And, of course, swooning over how sweet our "Prince Charming" is.

That being said, I believe it is only fair to give this book the rating it deserves...