[ rose - 04 ]

taehyung breathes in, his eyes closed as he sat in their bed.

after telling jungkook the whole truth and the younger breaking down infront of him, they both just stayed in the house for the next few days.

it was obvious that jungkook wasn't ready to accept the whole truth - he didn't want to accept the truth.

the younger didn't ask any questions or said anything about taehyung's past or any of the murders.

jungkook had just acted normal the next days they had stayed in their home. the dark haired male didn't even go to work, it was his first time filing for a sudden leave.

namjoon and yoongi even had called in asking if there was a problem but jungkook just brushed it off saying he wanted to rest and honestly told them he wanted to spend some time with taehyung.

the brunette liked it, he liked the comfort of jungkook's presence.

he liked how jungkook would always be beside him. he loved waking up in the morning from his kisses to them making breakfast together in the kitchen, having lunch and dinner to going back to sleep wrapped in his arms.

he is genuinely happy.

but at the same time it scares him.

he doesn't want to hurt him more than he already did.

*

the brunette kept his eyes closed but soon flutters open when he felt gentle hands wrapped around around his waist and soon had jungkook beside him, head resting on his lap and face snuggling in his tummy.

"massage my hair please, hyung~" the dark haired male mumbled, voice muffled.

taehyung chuckles at this. "such a baby" he comments before doing what the younger asks for and softly humming as he brushed his fingers on the soft, fluffy hair.

he smiles when he feels jungkook's hands softly caressing by his waist.

most of their afternoon's were now spent like this; well, mostly jungkook clinging on the older.

another moment of silence passed by with only taehyung's soft humming filling the room until jungkook speaks again.

"i... i don't want you to surrender" jungkook speaks, voice still a bit muffled as he was still snuggled against taehyung but the older heard him clearly. "don't surrender, hyung... please" he adds, hold tightening around the other.

taehyung didn't respond for awhile and only continued stroking jungkook's hair.

"you know, that painting... the one that i've told you that was still unfinished 'scars', it was the first painting i worked on for the exhibition. i've been trying to finish it but i never can... it was a painting i did in honor of my parents, especially my father and wanted to finish it before his death anniversary but i don't know, i just couldn't... it was his death anniversary during the first day of the exhibition so i just decided to have it up then..." taehyung speaks as he continued to gently thread his fingers on the younger's hair who remained still and listened.

"... i guess it was meant to be like that, unfinished. the scars would never heal that's why i became who i am now, a killer, a murderer-"

"-don't say that, hyung" jungkook abruptly seats up, lightly startling taehyung but smiles and gestures him to lay back down with his head on his lap which the younger then quietly followed, an evident frown on his lips.

"... it also made me realize that maybe i was feeling guilty and it's time now for me to atone for my sins, face the consequences of my actions-"

"but what about those who hurt you, hyung? you were only driven to do all those things because of them, they deserve it" jungkook speaks again cutting off the other, hands holding tighter on the older's own as his eyes looked up to the brunette. "you don't need to feel guilty-"