chapter - 2

The blood alpha raised an eyebrow as he noticed Taehyung tightening his grip on his sword. "What's going on?" A voice equipped, his senses on high alert.

Before Taehyung could respond, the blood alpha swiftly lifted and pulled Taehyung into the cover of trees, pressing a hand over his mouth. "Shh," he whispered urgently.

As the rogues approached, the blood alpha seized a passing wild cat and hurled it towards them. "Just a cat," he called out casually. "Take care of that. I'll return soon."

But when the blood alpha looked back, Taehyung was gone. Panic seized him momentarily. "This idiotic brat," he muttered, cursing under his breath as he dashed after Taehyung.

Finding the omega foolishly heading towards the rogues, the blood alpha grabbed Taehyung and silenced his protests by covering his mouth. Ignoring Taehyung's struggles, he forcefully led him towards the safety of the lake area.

"Are you crazy?" the blood alpha exclaimed, his voice tinged with anger. "An omega, in the middle of the night, heading towards rogue alphas without even hiding your scent. You must be a complete lunatic!"

Taehyung sulked as he retorted, "Why did you throw the cat at them?"

The alpha scoffed, incredulous that Taehyung was concerned about the cat rather than his own safety. He grabbed Taehyung's shoulder and began to push him back towards the direction of the rogues. Taehyung yelped in protest, his fear palpable.

"What... What are you doing?" Taehyung stuttered, his voice trembling with apprehension.

"What? Don't you want to get killed so bad? Go and die for all I care!" the alpha yelled, his frustration boiling over.

As Taehyung pushed him back in a futile attempt to resist, the alpha stepped back, his rage momentarily overwhelming him. Taking a deep breath, he regained control of his emotions. Soon sensing something he unsheathed his sword, positioning himself in front of Taehyung protectively.

"Hide your scent. Now!" the alpha commanded, his voice firm. Taehyung obeyed, covering his mouth as realization dawned on him that he had been reckless. As a fox approached, the alpha swiftly dispatched it, slicing its throat, securing his sword before turning back to Taehyung, who looked scared and stumbled backward.

The alpha sighed and approached Taehyung slowly. "Don't worry. If you hide your scent now, it won't attract any wild species anymore."

Taehyung tried to hide the pain in his legs as the alpha smiled to himself. "Oh, I guess you're perfectly alright to go now," he said, causing Taehyung to scoff and turn away. "Of course!" But as he stepped, he winced again, almost crumpling to the ground. The alpha swiftly lifted him and placed him on a nearby rock in seconds, examining his injured leg.

He removed a thorn that was stuck in Taehyung's leg, causing him to hiss in pain. Despite the discomfort, Taehyung stopped struggling, allowing the alpha to tend to his injury.

"You thought you'd walk away with these legs?" the alpha asked, to which Taehyung shrugged.

As Taehyung began to remove his veil, the alpha's eyes widened in surprise. "What... what are you doing?" he asked, his voice trailing off as Taehyung unveiled his face, revealing his stunning features.

The alpha was momentarily stunned by Taehyung's beauty, taking a moment to compose himself. 'I'm an alpha too. What is this omega even thinking?' he muttered to himself and started to concentrate on the omega's wounds again.

After tending to Taehyung's legs, the alpha casually asked, "What's your name?" expecting the omega not to answer. However, Taehyung surprised him by replying, "Kim Taehyung."