01, A Right Arse

─── 。

─── 。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。───

❝ 01 , a right arse ❞

"But the Goyle family? Out of all the pure-bloods, the Goyles? I don't understand why Mother couldn't have convinced the Lestranges to betroth Rabastan to me. I'm better than that half-breed. I bet they don't even know she's a half-breed. Mother says that they like to keep it a tightly kept secret. She's the shame of the family. I feel sorry for Rabastan. He will never know that he isn't even marrying a pure-blood. He could have been marrying me but instead, I'll be marrying a Goyle. A Goyle. Lenore, are you even listening?" Delphia had been ranting about her betrothal news since they had gotten on the train an hour earlier.

Lenore hadn't been paying much attention but that wasn't exactly unusual. Delphia was scowling but when Lenore brought her gaze up, Delphia sighed.

"You've been reading that book this whole time. Why do you suddenly care about your studies?" Delphia asked, annoyance lacing her tone. Lenore scoffed and rested her hands against the pages of the book.

"I don't," She said simply. Delphia narrowed her eyes. Lenore then looked back down to the book. There still hadn't been a single mention of Horcruxes. None of the books that she had read over the past month had even mentioned it. It was becoming rather infuriating but she tried not to dwell on that fact too heavily.

"Do you really think I should be betrothed to a Goyle?" Delphia asked, slapping her hands into her lap as her shoulders sagged. Lenore sighed and she closed her book on her finger, keeping her page while also at least attempting to pay attention.

"No." Lenore said simply. Delphia seemed dignified by that response, lifting her head slightly with a prideful smile on her face, "But, what our parents want is how it goes so you need to suck it up." Delphia's scowl quickly reappeared and she scoffed, opening her mouth to bite back at Lenore but they were disrupted by the carriage door opening.

Delphia turned, ready to tell whatever first year had decided to bother them, to leave them alone only to find Rabastan Lestrange and Regulus Black stood there. Regulus was to the side slightly, his shaggy black hair had grown out a little and he looked startlingly like his brother. Though his hair was wavier, parted down the middle. Rabastan's hair was the same messy blonde that he had been styling since he was a kid. Lenore didn't really care about either of the boys and in favour of conversing, flicked her book back open and continued to read the chapter.

"So this has been where you're hiding," A smirk spread across Rabastan's face as he spoke. He met Delphia's gaze, the smirk spreading to a warm smile as he took her in. Any hint of annoyance had vanished within seconds from her face, replaced with a dope-y lovesick smile.

"If you wanted to see me, you should have just said," Delphia responded, her hands resting in her lap as he shifted to glance at Regulus before he met her gaze again.