Chapter II

"Are you sure you will be alright, Agatha? "

"Yes, mom, I will be."

I watch both my mom and grandma inside the car. Grandma was in the back seat, as always. Both of the car windows from the front and back are open, so I can see them before they depart the road back to Colorado. Dad was beside me as well, waving goodbye to the both of them.

"I'll make sure she's safe, Lizzy."

My mom nodded in agreement with Dad and smiled. I had never seen them this friendly before. Perhaps they're trying to be okay in front of me, knowing how vulnerable I was to my younger sister's death. Perhaps they're trying their best not to disappoint me further with fighting after what happened to Cassidy. Grandma never said a word, but I saw her slight smile from the distance. Even though dementia has prevented her from remembering, I know she still has a soft spot in her heart. Her brain might not remember, but her heart does. I watched as mom started the engine and swerved the steering wheel, and the car started to go slowly, and then mom muttered one last thing.

“I love you honey, off we go now.”

“I love you too mum”

Dad looked at me worriedly and patted me on the shoulder saying it's time for us to go inside. "I'll be in shortly, dad. Can I just stroll and take a walk in the neighborhood for a moment? "

"Sure, you can, Agatha just come home early before it gets dark."

"Yeah, I will."

Dad might have felt cold outside, so he hurried to get in the house, quickly blowing steam from his breath into his palms to somehow warm his hands. I remember playing outside the house with Cassidy; the neighborhood looked the same. We used to roam around with our bikes and go back and forth from our house to Mrs. Jenkins' front lawn. Because dad didn't want us to go any farther because of the woods. Summers were just so quick to pass by, and my days with Cassidy before were only numbered, so we have to wait until another summer. Sometimes, if they could, dad would try to go with Cassidy to Colorado to spend Christmas and New Years. But now it's different. There's not much for us to do now; I'm left alone. And I'm missing my younger sister a lot. Maybe once I'm done strolling, I'll try to look at her room one more time to reminisce about the good times. Dad said he hardly touches anything in Cassidy's room, so it'll be much the same as when she left it. There might be some old laundry she hadn't washed yet, some scraps I could find. Something that may link a cause to the occasion of the horrifying event that occurred in Littlewood. Something that can enlighten me as to why she did what she did. On the back of my mind, as much as I wanted to convince myself that she doesn't have any hint of depression or anxiety, I am clouded up with thoughts that maybe there is really something that Cassidy has not said to me before her passing; maybe there's something that she's not shared. It aches me, because if it's true, I am of no help in saving her. I shrugged the negativity aside and realized that I was already on the front lawn of Mrs. Jenkins' house. This is the farthest I can get from our house, but it may not hurt to stroll up more. Or maybe I shouldn't; I don't need that much energy draining and exploring such a neighborhood where I don't have any friends. Should I just stay at home? I'll get going. As I said, this will not hurt; I need some walking anyway. I turned left from the road near Mrs. Jenkins' house and noticed a nearby playground. No one's at it at the moment since it's freaking freezing. Right at the back of the playground is a slightly vast woods. I stayed on the road still and just tried to familiarize myself with the places. Right ahead, I can see a food van selling hot potatoes. Those with melted cheese, beans, or ground beef you can choose from, and curry whichever you like. Now that makes me salivate quite a bit. I checked my pockets to see if I had some spare change to buy some or a few dollars to spare my salivating tongue. And gladly, I have. I ordered one and heard some college girls talking-three of them, actually. They might be of my age, I suppose, but I am not sure if they go to the same school as Cassidy since, as I may predict, Littlewood High is just a quick ride from home so that's a possibility. I was trying to eat the potato when I nearly choked when one of the girls said something.

"I heard of someone named Cassidy who died at that abandoned restroom."
The blonde girl said.

"The one in the West Hall area? "

"Yeah, that one!"

"Well, they said she cut off both her wrists, and there's so much blood everywhere."

"That's so scary! I'd be spooked if I were the one who found her there! "

I felt as if I were there, seeing her catch her breath slowly like time have abandoned her almost lifeless, her eyes wide open horrifyingly unblinking, the sound of dripping blood echoing faintly  and then it gets louder and louder and louder hurting my ears. Drip . Drip. Drip. A lot of blood everywhere creeping towards me. My hands were shaking, and the potato I was holding just now was on the ground at that instant.Now I can't finish my food. Bummer. Why do I have to hear them just now? I think I'll go home now. But I heard the three girls murmuring again. One with the bob hair cut said something this time.

"Shoot! is she Cassidy? I mean, THAT Cassidy?!"