CHAPTER VIII

Please like and comment. I appreciate your feedback and support. I'll be posting new chapters spontaneously, so stay tuned.

Love ya'll.

✯☾ .............................................. ☽✯

"You want to help us? For me?" May's voice is a whisper, as I watch her eyes searching mine for truth in the light of the lamp, beside the bed, on a sleek nightstand

"You want to help us? For me?" May's voice is a whisper, as I watch her eyes searching mine for truth in the light of the lamp, beside the bed, on a sleek nightstand. I'm rest against her chest on the hostel king-sized bed with a plush, pillow-top mattress at the center, draped with fine linens and a golden duvet; having sneaked into her room an hour ago when she was relaxing in her jacuzzi tub, a variety of luxurious bath products lying on the floor. I've spent that time trying to persuade her to include me in their plans.

She offers me snacks from the mini-fridge, discreetly tucked away in a cabinet, but I decline.

I lay, watching the high ceilings and large windows that let in plenty of natural air, and she runs her fingers through my hair, hesitant. "But I'll have to ask the others. I'm not quite sure..." she trails off.

Fuck, I have to convince her, but first, "You shouldn't let your windows remain open when you're taking a bath. Anyone can sneak in like me." She nods obediently to that.
"Good girl." I compliment.

I then rise, kneeling on the bed, "Believe me, May. At first, I felt betrayed," I caress her cheek with the back of my hand, "But seeing you take on such a daring act alone, I realized I should be by your side."

A sharp pain pierces my heart.
I'm deceiving my sweet May.

"I... I'll talk to them. No. I'll convince them, whatever it takes. Ok?" May's determination shines through, and I bend over to leave a small peck on her lips.

I love you, May, but this betrayal is for your own good.

I get up and take a good look at her room. The walls are painted in a soft cream color, accented with golden trimmings. Elegant curtains in a rich, velvety material frame the windows. This is the first time I've been to her hostel room. "Then see you tomorrow, May." I bend down to kiss her forehead and with a final look at her, eyes brimming with love and trust, I exit the room, her image etched in my mind.

I'm soon going to ruin it myself.

✯☾ ........................................................ ☽✯

"You're a real hypocrite," I mutter as I see Elijah stride past in the Dining Area.

Earlier, Tina, one of the Elites, had turned a girl from Section C into a footrest while dining, just for stepping on her foot during PE. And Elijah had just walked past, admonishing her. "Keep your feet in. I could have tripped."

I scoff. Elijah glances back, and before he leaves, he whispers, "At least I'm not a coward like you."

Heat rushes to my face, anger boiling in my veins. I will catch W and make these two pay.