sʜᴇ's ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ ɴᴏᴡ

Katherine was in the brew with Aria and Spencer, getting their drinks.

"So this is the new world order? We're gonna have to face off with Mona in school every day?"

"She told Hanna that she's better now. Better at what?"

"Better at lying and faking," Katherine said.

"I'll tell you what. She sneaks into my house past midnight. I'm sleeping with a crowbar under my pillow"

"The only question is do we ignore her?"

Katherine shrugs her shoulders. "No idea, but don't care"

"Well, here's a hint. Yes"

"Mona had serious insight into what happened to Maya. What if she could tell us why Garrett was killed" Spencer said walking to a table with the others following.

"So now you think Mona's the keeper of More secrets?"

"She certainly knows all of ours. What if she has some kind of connection to the N.A.T. club?"

Katherine shook her head. "Don't think it's possible Spence"

"Yeah, Spence, that club did end while she was still loser Mona. Pre-Lasik and Metal Mouth. If those pervs didn't even wanna peep in her window, why would they wanna hang out with her?"

"Maybe she was peeping at them. Look two members of the N.A.T. club are dead. Okay, maybe the person who killed Ali is still freaked out that there's a tape floating around somewhere out there. Did you... Did you ever ask your dad?"

"Ask him what?" Aria asked taking a sip of her coffee.

"About what Garrett said, you know, about him meeting up with Ali that night"

"My dad and I are finally getting along. I'm not gonna slap him with some whacked-out story Garrett made up so he could clear his own name" Aria said standing up.

"I heard you, but--"

"But what? Spence, Garrett lied about a lot. Why are we suddenly gonna believe anything he even said?"

Katherine sighed and ran a hand through her hair and watched Aria walked away. "Well that went well"

Spencer then looked over at Katherine. "You're telling me," she said with a sigh and began to walk out of the brew, with Katherine.

Katherine walked up to Emily who was pulling her bike up to the bike rack, Aria and Spencer were beside her.

"I'm basically under house arrest. My mom's now using my dad to squeeze information outta me about Halloween, the lighthouse"

"What have you told him?" Spencer asked, looking over to Emily.

"Nothing. If he knew half the crap we'd been through, he'd ship me off to Guam"

"Hey. Thought you were playing Mona's bodyguard" Aria said to Hanna who had just walked up to them.

"Okay, I said I'd be around for her"

"I'm thinking maybe we all should he her friend. I mean, if Mona knows why Garrett died, right after he told that story about Aria's dad--" Emily said but was cut off by Spencer.

"Stop"

"What's going on?"

"Nothing"

Katherine then looked at the time. "Oh look at the time, I should get going in," she said and started to walk inside the school.