Ira in Palace

Don't forget to vote and comment.

Ira was holding to the last strength of her patience. Since morning something was weird, she could feel it, everyone around her was behaving strangely.

Well after doing her morning chores she has come to the palace, to meet Maya and her dearest monkey cousin brother. And her was brother was not her usual self, he was looking nervous and fidgeting while talking with her. Oh did she mention fumbling. Vikrant is a good orator he almost never fumbles, except when he is hiding something.And even Maya was more silent than her usual self. As if that was not enough even palace seemed strange. No it was not looking like an old cursed castle, instead, it was very well decorated more than usual.

And finally to add cherry on the top since morning she has been having 'accidental' encounters with royal family.

First when they entered palace they came face to face with the king himself. King asked about them especially about her and on learning she is student of jagatshetra he asked a helper to give membership card to royal library. She was shocked. The gift was too good but also too expensive but hey kings don't think about expenses right? And knowledge should be open. Convincing herself she took the card after initial hesitation. Well no matter how strange this was the best bit of her day. She ran her fingers over card tucked away safely in her pocket.

And as if king was not enough, they encountered Maharani and rani also near kitchens. Why were they near kitchens? She had no idea.

But queens were nice, not only they asked about them, they offered them freshly made snacks and halwa. She licked her lips remembering taste. But her destiny can't let her enjoy a day right? Because just then Queen asked her to pass some saunf and she being she passed jeera. While everyone laughed at her mistake, Queen gently placed her hand on her head, telling her it's okk. And Rani Anjalika feeling sympathy for her began telling her names of all the ingredients and their uses and recipes. The lecture was two hour long and she was sure she dozed off standing inbetween some time.

As they finally came out( as for Ira ran out of the kitchen) she almost collided with Yuvraj Aditya.

'maaf kijiyega' ('sorry')she said while trying to get out of his way.Mistake was partially his but she was not mood today to bicker with royal especially after library membership and halwa.But to her surprise prince replied with smile 'Koi baat nhi behna, mai bhi bina dhyaan ke chal Raha thaa,maa ke halwe ka jaadu hi kush esa hai.' (It's okk even I was not paying attention, perhaps this is magic of mother's cooking')She was surprised by being addressed behna but taking it as prince's good manners she responded 'hnn zaroor, maharani sahiba aapka intezaar kar rhi hongi'.('yeah ofcourse, queen would be waiting for you') But prince seemed least bothered about that.'Mai Jaan skta hoon aap kaun hai?'('May I ask your identity please') He said. Ira gave a tight lipped smile and introduced herself for third time today. 'To aap jagatshetra ki vidyarthi hai, aapka pasinda vishya kya hai?'(so you are student of jagatshetra, what is your favourite subject)prince question.'Umm...samvidhan, qanoon aur rajneeti, mai isi mein aage padh rhi hoon' ('umm... constitution, law and politics, I am continuing my education in these areas')'Bhot khoob'(that's wonderful')prince said with a smile 'hame bhi inme bhot roochi hai aap par iss baare mein baat karke Khushi hogi'(I am also interested in these subjects....maybe we can have a talk about them someday') 'ji zaroor'('of course) she replied hesitantly.But prince next sentence made her forget all about her hesitation. 'Hamare rajya ki nyay vaivastha ke baare mein aapke kya vichaar hai?'('what do you think about justice system of our kingdom?') and then there a conversation which lasted God knows many hours started For long time they discussed and debated on issues and methods of justice. While they disagreed on some minor points their broader view was same, and it made her happy. Perhaps the new yuvraj may bring some significant changes. And as they saw time and ended conversation she looked maaya and Vikrant standing by support of wall, looking super bored. She looked towards companions of Prince their reaction were more on positive side.

As prince left they went towards garden, poking Vikrant and maaya with her question 'Ab bataoge tum logon ne mujhe Mahal kyon bulaya aur sab kuch itna ajee-'('Why you people asked me to come to palace and why everything in palace seems str-') She abruptly ended her line as she heard the announcement of rajkumari Naintara and Rajkumar Siddhartha arrival in garden.

'Pranipath Nayana jiji' Maya said greetings her. Vikrant and Ira followed the suit. 'Pranipath maaya...ye tumhare saath kaun hai?'(hello Nayana...who is she with you?') and for the fourth time Ira gave her introduction. 'Aap jagatshetra ki vidyarthi ho'('so you are student of jagatshetra') Siddharth asked. 'Ji rajkumar' ('yes prince')she gave robotic reply but Siddharth seemed shocked.'Mujhe Rajkumar mat kahiye aap mujhse badi hai mujhe Siddhartha kahiye'(don't call me prince, call me Siddharth, you are older than me')Siddharth blurted out. Naina kicked his feet with her. In morning they had decided not to overwhelm her and keep things normal.'Umm...kya aapse badi Umar ke sabhi aapko aapke naam se bulate hain'(' umm...does everyone older than you call you by your name' )She asked Siddharth. 'Hnn....mtlb nhi...par mere dost, aap meri dost banengi jiji? mai aapse jagatshetra ke swayam raksha grahan karunga' ('yes...means no..but my friends, will you become my friend sister? I will learn skills of jagatshetra from you')He said trying to cover up.'Theek hai Rajkumar...mtlb Siddharth'('okk prince... Siddharth')Ira replied being caught off by this response.

And then another conversation striked between them but this time it moved towards their likes, especially travelling.They had a heartful conversation about their favourite places and their dream destinations.

And so this is how their day ended, and now they were standing in front of palace with Ira interrogating her two friends.

'Ab kyunki poora din khatam ho chuka hai to mai jaan skti hoon mujhe ajj tum dono ne yahaa bulaya kyun tha??'('Now since the whole day is over, will you people bother to tell me why you called me here?')

'isliye k tum Raj pariwar se mil sako' (so you can meet royal family')Maya said. Vikrant looked her shocked. What was she doing?'....Raj pariwar?' ('royal family?')Ira asked'Hnn...hnn tum hi too hamesha kehti rehi ho ki....yeh....insaan k jaan pehchaan hi uski asli kamayi hai'('yeah...you always say, network is networth')'Jaan pehchaan....... tum jaise dosto se..... mujhe kisi ki chaploosi karne ka koi shaunk nhi hai?'('i meant networking with friends like you not nodding head at every command of some royalty')'Arre yaar tu aam khaa, guttliyan kyo gon rhi hai? Vaise bhi tujhe bhi to sabse milke acha laga to samasya kya hai?'('why are you being so weird, they were all so good towards you')'Yehi to samasya hai k vo mere saath itne accha bartav kyon kar rhe the?' ('thats the problem why they are behaving nice with me?')Ira said in low tone.

With questions in her mind she bidded good bye to both of them and went towards her home...her maasi home...she no longer have her mother mouse to call her own. No her maasi was very kind like a second mother to her, giving her so much love but still it pained heart to remember her old house, to remember her mother.

#Do you like Ira?#**Do you think Ira will stay with royal family?****Which character you liked most till now?****Should I continue this story?**