Chapter 51: Return of the Mammalians

We're in the reeeeeeaaal shit now. We're about to get right into the Return of the Mammalians story line. And I got some new characters that I think you guys are going to love.

If you guys wanna see this series continue, hit the vote button and share it with everyone you know on Wattpad. More votes means new chapters, no votes means no new chapters.

Hope you guys enjoy this chapter, and I will see you guys later.

============================================================

Rika: The following is a non-profit, fan-based fictional story. Splatoon is owned by Nintendo, Hisashi Nogami, and Shintaro Sato. Please support the official release.

===========================================================

In the last chapter on Into the Light...

Cuttlefish: Octavio, you coward! What is the meaning of this?

DJ Octavio: Don't you see it, ya hipster? I plan on using the Great Octoweapons to wipe this entire city and your kind with it off the face of this planet.

Cuttlefish told me and the Squid Sisters about his friendship with DJ Octavio that occured 100 years ago, well before the outbreak of the Great Turf War.

DJ Octavio: I'll get you for that, ya hipster!

He even told us about the famous Battle of Ceph, the deciding battle that ended in a victory for the Inklings and the allies. That bastard Octavio never stood a chance.

DJ Octavio: Nooo! This was to be my moment of glory!

Cuttlefish: Go for broke!

But the time is now. Let us dive Into the Light!

===========================================================

Rika's POV

[Location]: By the Crater in the Outer Splatlands Desert
[Date]: September 29th, 2022 ME
[Time]: 2:30 PM JST

In the arid Outer Splatlands Desert, a picturesque scene unfolds as an Inkling girl and a Smallfry sit side by side on the soft ground. The girl's vibrant and luscious hair is styled in the signature Megalobraid, featuring a stunning gradient of yellow and blue hues that seem to shimmer in the sunlight. Her outfit consisted of a Tri-Shred Tee, shorts, and a pair of Force ReBoots. The Smallfry, meanwhile, sits quietly by her side, almost as if it were basking in the girl's soothing presence.

 The Smallfry, meanwhile, sits quietly by her side, almost as if it were basking in the girl's soothing presence

Rika (narrator): Hi. The name's Rika Mitsuami. I'm a junk collector who makes a living on selling the scrap I salvage. And this Salmonid here is my little buddy named Kojake. I found Kojake while I was scavaging for scraps. Kojake was so hungry that I had to take him in. Now we're best friends.