Chapter 2: Pilot

Amity sighs, sitting atop the spire of, what she later realized was other Worker Drones that have been sucked dry of oil, thinking about the events that had taken place in the past few days. J, who is very suspicious of this new habit, doesn’t bother Amity, but rather has N kinda spy on her since J has noticed how close the two were, even though recently Amity, or V, has been acting strange. “Hey V?” N asks, perching next to Amity. “Yeah N?” Amity asks, brought out of her thoughts on where Luz might be. “Are you doing okay? The past couple days you’ve been kinda… distant,” N says with a worried expression. “Can you keep a secret N?” Amity asks, looking at him in the display visor, since these were drones and not humans. “Yeah, is it something I should hear though?” N asks. V, or the little personality that V is, tells Amity no very adamantly in her mind. “No, I don’t think so. She is our leader, yes, but she tends to be a bit… dictatorial in her punishments.” Amity says. N doesn’t comment on this, but nods slightly as if to agree. “So, N, the secret I wanna tell you is… well V is still here, however I am not V,” Amity says. “I knew that, but who are you then?” N asks, surprising both Amity, and V. “Amity Blight,” Amit says softly. “I see… Are you perchance not from this uh… universe?” N asks, knowing he is treading on very gray territory from what the company wants him to know. “Actually, I didn’t even know what I was until you and J began to interact with me,” Amity says, before her visor glitches a bit showing a magenta coloring to her left eye LED display. “I see.” N says. “Well, at least I know when you are in control, Amity,” N says, which confuses Amity a bit. “How so?” Amity asks before her visor LEDs glitch again going all yellow. “Because of how our visor LEDs are ya dummy,” V says, annoyed, N chuckles. “Gee, you 2 are going to be fun to hang out with!” N says energetically, and in a duality of Amity’s slightly softer and higher voice, and V’s more assertive one, they both shushed him in fear of J finding out. N does so, but doesn’t stop making a face of absolute energetic glee, one which Amity found was similar to Luz’s, though she knew Luz was not one of these drones. “Amity, you okay?” N asks, picking up that Amity was indeed a bit down. “Yeah, yeah, I’ll be okay- She’s kinda depressed her girlfriend isn’t here around us yet,” Amity began to say to cover up, but V decided to be a good headmate and take control and expose the truth. N understands this though, and sighs. “Well, I am sure we can find her… hopefully she wasn’t one of these worker drones,” N said, which made Amity groan a bit. “Ah biscuits, right you’re still pretty new to this world and universe,” N obeserves, kicking himself in his mind for being oblivious. “N, stop, don’t do that you are fine,” Amity says, having seen the expression many times on her batata when either Luz was irritated with something or had accidentally blown up a few potion cauldrons. Meanwhile, back at the colony, Luz was just now beginning to adorn the finishing touches to her sick as hell railgun!

   “Man, I am going to ace this presentation!” Luz says, giggling happily at the invention of something that she could only dream of back on Earth, and even the Demon Realm. A little voice that she quickly discerned to be her conscious spoke up now. ‘You really think that’s a good thing?’ it asks. “Yes, I do, and I don’t care if anyone overhears me make a electromagnetic photon converter at all, so I know I am going to ace this!” Luz reasons, and makes some finishing touches to her powerpoint presentation. After deciding she had enough, Luz lays down on her bed, and shuts down. She had sorta figured out her robotic body, and initiated a sleep mode with an alarm set for the next day. Luz sleeps, but her dreams keep her from actually getting rest, at least mentally. Luz again is confronted with a memory lane, but also the memories of the body she now inhabits. What stuck out to her the most, was the name Uzi, which made Luz feel a bit content. ‘Maybe I should kinda start thinking of myself as Uzi,’ Luz thought to herself. ‘Who knows really… maybe Amity made it here, though I don’t know where she could be.’ Luz ponders, before having a slight flashback to when Khan was telling “Uzi” about murder drones, and how badly they hurt “Uzi’s” mother. ‘Even here, there isn’t much happiness,’ Luz observed. “Yup, pretty bleak huh,” a voice says nearby, and Luz looks over to see her current form standing next to her. Luz is just shocked, while the drone just smirks. “Finally see me now do ya?” The drone jests, giggling. Luz only nods. “I figured I’d try and see who kinda hijacked my body a bit, but looking over your memories, I can say you had a good enough life to not make any mistakes leading to our demise,” the emo drone said with a playful punch to Luz’s shoulder, despite the height difference. Luz giggles a bit nervously. “I’ll try my best,” Luz says, before feeling a slight pull, knowing her alarm was beginning to boot up her body. “Will you be here again when I sleep?” Luz asks. Uzi nods. “Yeah, I’ll be here, don’t you worry,” Uzi said before Luz slaps her display visor to stop the alarm. “Time to show everyone what I’ve made hehe,” Luz said with mischievous intent.