Chimpanzee Tracking in Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda

Travel Company: Dav Safaris

Website: www.davsafaris.com

Email:info@davsafaris.com

Tel: +256757795781 or +256701412430

Chimpanzee Tracking in Queen Elizabeth National Park, Uganda.

Queen Elizabeth National Park in is noted not just for its diverse animals and breathtaking landscapes, but also has large chimp population. Chimpanzee tracking in the park is a popular pastime for visitors who want to see these intriguing primates in their natural setting.

The park is located in western Uganda and comprises approximately 1,978 square kilometres. It supports a diverse range of including elephants, lions, leopards, and hippos, as well as more than 600 bird species. However, one of the biggest draws for visitors to the park is the possibility to track and observe chimps.

Chimpanzee tracking at Queen Elizabeth National Park is mainly done in the Kyambura Gorge, commonly known as the "Valley of the Apes." This deep chasm is flanked by steep hills and is home to a habituated chimpanzee colony. The habituation method progressively acclimates chimps to the presence of humans, allowing for safe and non-invasive monitoring.

Visitors interested in chimpanzee tracking can join guided hikes conducted by knowledgeable park rangers and guides. The expeditions normally begin in the early morning, when the are most active. The park rangers are educated about the chimps' behaviour and habits, and they may provide useful insights and information along the trip.

Chimpanzee monitoring in Kyambura Gorge allows visitors to observe chimpanzees engaging in a variety of behaviours such as hunting for food, grooming one another, and interacting within their social groupings. Observing these activities firsthand allows for a better understanding of the intricate social systems and intellect of these primates.

It is crucial to emphasize that, while chimpanzee tracking can be a joyful experience, certain standards must be followed to maintain the chimps' well-being and minimize any potential harm to their natural habitat. Visitors are encouraged to keep a respectful distance from the chimps, avoid feeding them, and always follow the park rangers' directions.

In addition to chimpanzee tracking, visitors to Queen Elizabeth National Park can enjoy additional activities such as game drives, along the Kazinga Channel, and nature hikes. These activities allow visitors to interact with a variety of wildlife while also immersing themselves in the park's natural splendour.

Those interested in chimpanzee tracking in Queen Elizabeth National Park should make arrangements in advance with authorized tour operators or directly with park authorities. Chimpanzee tracking requires permits, which should be booked ahead of time to reserve a spot on the journey.

Overall, chimpanzee tracking in Queen Elizabeth National Park is a unique and unforgettable experience for nature and wildlife aficionados. Observing these unique monkeys in their natural habitat is not only informative, but it also helps to support conservation efforts to safeguard these endangered species. Visitors can obtain a better understanding of the necessity of protecting the natural environment and its inhabitants if they plan ahead of time and act respectfully.