Chapter nine

I was knocking sheepishly on the door belonging to the room I ran away from yesterday. One knock was enough, I tried to convince myself, but another knock followed and then another... and another.

"Couldn't wait to see me, huh?" A hoarse voice speaks immediately once the door is open. I am met by a scenery that is ethereal, I almost find myself hypnotised. He could order me to do anything now, and I would do it without realising, like my body was a machine and my brain forgot to code.

He wasn't wearing a shirt, which meant his toned body was on display for my hungry eyes. His abs reminded me of an imagery of my own that I felt I wanted to take my shirt off too and boast about my chest to him. It wasn't fair that he looked like the only athletic one out of the two of us from the eyes of any passerby.

He hums before moving closer, opening the door wider. I could see the bags of food he had bought for me still on the table, but it wasn't because I was searching to see if they were still there. It was because of his arm and how it flexes when he pushed the door.

"You're doing that on purpose." I state, finally looking him in the face. His dark hair was tousled due to him just waking up, I assume. His lips are already smirking, but I'm sure it isn't because of him waking up.

"I sure am." He confesses, nodding slowly. His eye never leaves mine as he does so.

"Can I come in?" I invite myself, knowing he wouldn't say no.

He moves to the side, gesturing with his hands for me to enter. When I step in, I can feel myself go insane. The entire room smells like him.

He shuts the door when I'm fully inside the room before walking into the kitchen which is directly in front of the room door.

"Water?" He offers kindly, and I hum in response while making my way to the stool. I cross my arms on the table, but by the time I do so, he turns around, sliding a glass of water to me.

"Thanks." I whisper, taking a sip. He's already gulped down his entire glass before pouring himself another one.

"I thought you'd come by after the party last night. Do you have your schedule confused?" He mocks teasingly before placing the glass on his mouth, looking at me through it while he drinks.

"I didn't want to bother you."

"Never." He responds immediately, walking to the kitchen sink for him to wash his glass.

"I would've loved to recreate that painting you got." He says after shutting the water tup, drying his hands using a nearby towel before walking closer to me, sitting on the stool immediately next to mine.

I hadn't replied and he was waiting. Iverene was in my mind, demanding I mark him mine here and now, but I try my best to ignore her orders.

I look away from his face finally, being unable to respond to his statement. He notices this.

"We don't have to now if you don't want to." He reassures me, placing a comforting hand on my thigh. His touch does the opposite to me. He knows what he's doing.

Iverene is practically yelling at me at this point. She's aching for it. I am, too. But with this bite comes responsibilities I'm not too sure I could face at the moment.

"No." I say hurriedly before I realise what I said.

"No?" He repeats, raising his eyebrows at me.

"I mean, yes! Yes." I nod, trying hard to convince myself of what I was saying. I take a sip of my water, trying to busy my mind from the hold that is on my thigh.

He laughs and it is like music to my ears. If yes is a word that makes him laugh, it'll be the only word I say from now on.

"May I ask why?" He asks when he's done laughing, but his voice sounds curious instead of questioning.