Chapter 9

I honestly can't seem to make my brain progress with the current situation I found myself in. I have been basically thrown into a washing tub, almost every part of my body had been shaved carefully, thank god, by these long thing razors, and then I was shoved into this white, gorgeous gown.

I have never felt more beautiful and uncomfortable in my entire life.

I still can't believe this is happening to me. I don't understand why the king would pick me. I have only met him once, and I made a complete mess of myself while stitching him.

I didn't even expect him to remember my name, but he did because when he said my name, he looked directly towards me.

I have to admit that I don't have a body that will likely be able to handle their much larger ones. I have seen them naked occasionally over the years. They really have no shame, and they are three times the size of a human male.

I have also heard stories that they have this thing at the base of their cocks that will enlarge while inside the female to keep themselves deep inside as they spill their seed.

To be fair, I don't know whether that's actually true or not, but just the very thought had me about ready to be cast out of the horde and not even wanting to return. I'd much rather be left alone to fend for myself than become a horde breeder.

The king himself was nice, but I didn't feel a spark with him, just nerves. I had hoped that if I was to find a man one day, I'd at least feel some kind of attraction towards him.

I don't even know which of the males will enter the hunt this year.

Some warriors here are very rough and gruff. Right now, all I can count on is that if I am to become a breeder and a bride, it will be to a planter or a builder. They are more soft-spoken when it comes to females, unlike the higher-ranking horde members.

“Okay, ladies. This is a critical period for us humans. This will give other humans females hope of having a better life here on this planet. We must make sure this bride hunt is a success. We want the kings to be happy with how the event turns out. Some of us will not have to be slaves our entire lives and who knows, maybe one day, their outlook on humans could change starting with this very night,” Lana, my supervisor, stands in front of us, looking both excited and nervous.

“I'm sorry to say this, but you will need to fight if you wish to bond with a high-ranking horde member. They will not want a dull female, and the kings will not tolerate an inadequate queen. It is vital that you all try your best tonight for yourselves and for humanity,” she added.

“Don't we have a choice? I don't want to become a horde bride, Lana,” Kayla hissed. “They won't treat us humans good. Do you think being bonded to them will help us? They will hurt us. Our bodies can't take their cocks.”

“Now, I'm sure the rumors you have all received are false. I'm confident that our bodies can match together. In fact, I have heard stories myself about species resembling the horde males have successfully breeded with humans slaves. You have also heard your kings. Other species have mated with humans, and everything worked out perfectly.”

“I don't want to do this,” cried a young woman I wasn't familiar with. I think I have seen her once around the camp. She takes care of the hordes horkoas that they ride while going into battle.

They have long legs and long hairs growing down their necks and are actually stunning creatures if you can ignore the fact that they have sharp teeth and claws.

“I'm sorry, Cathy, but you have no choice. The kings have made their decision. If it had been left up to me to pick, I wouldn't have chosen any of you. You all have not been the best slaves and I do not believe you will make very good brides, but this is what we have to deal with, and we must all do our part. My part was to get you all ready for the bride hunt, and I have done that. Your part is to fight, so you will gain the attention of a horde member.”

“I doubt we have to fight that hard. Most male horde members are ready to breed. I'm sure they will take any female that can give them an offspring,” I sighed and leaned against the pole. “They won't care about anything else but spreading our thighs open and pushing their seed inside us.”

“Hush Kiley,” Lana fussed, her nose wrinkled, and she stared at me. “You should be proud of being a part of this life-changing event for us human slaves.”

“We will still be slaves, just in a different way,” Casey cried, tears streaming down her cheeks.

Exactly, I'm glad that at least one woman here agrees with me.

“I'm happy I was chosen. I don't wish to pick up after animals my entire life. I'd rather become a breeder to a horde member than stink of dung at the end of every day,” mumbled another girl.

“The hunt will start soon. We must continue getting you all ready. This is an important day, and we all need to look our best," Lana said happily.

I have to fight the need to roll my eyes. I can't believe some girls are actually happy about being selected. They don't realize that they may end up mated to a member of a different horde. They would have to leave their homes and everyone they know behind and be brought to a new territory.

I hope I don't get picked at all. Especially by a king horde leader.