Her mother's daughter

Aurora's POV

Me: I can't come with you tomorrow, I have to go to one of Slughorn's parties...
Draco: Will you come with me?
Me: I don't think I can.

He nods nervously, I take his hands to reassure him.
Me: Now you're there, the wardrobe is fixed.
Draco: Harmonia nectere passus...
Me: Yes
Draco: You haven't told Severus about the plan, have you? I don't want him to steal my rightful glory!
Me: No, he doesn't know and I won't tell him...

I caress his face and give him a green apple
Me: You know what you have to do, listen to me Draco... this is your moment, even if he chose you and you alone for the wrong reasons... don't be afraid.
Draco: I am not afraid

Snow swirled on the windows of the castle; it was now Christmas and the school was decked out with holly wreaths and glittering decorations. Sprigs of mistletoe were scattered around the corridors, falling from the ceiling and causing a traffic jam of students kissing every two seconds.

Mattheo's POV

My sister and I are on our way to the Spells classroom, Aurora is back to being the silent, brooding girl she was this summer and even her friends Pancy and Daphne say she spends her days either in the library or just studying.

Me: How is Hermione?
Aurora: I think I should ask you the question, I saw you the night you lost to Gryffindor.

Me: I was just comforting her
Aurora: I was with Draco in the Room of Requirement sorting out that bloody wardrobe... ....

I grab her arm to stop her and she freezes without even looking at me.
Me: You don't have to help him, you know!
Aurora: You may have the privilege of doing whatever you want... hitting on rotten bloods, drinking and smoking with friends... but not me, I'll do anything to prove to our father that I'm worthy of his surname!
Me: What are you saying, sister? That I'm not worthy...
Aurora: I just think you're taking it too lightly.
Me: Maybe you don't remember, little sister, that our father allowed you to be one of his own.
Aurora: And what have you done for him? Just some stupid mission, my hands are much dirtier than yours and yet...

He grabs my wrist and tightens his grip.
Aurora: I'm not worthy enough to have this...

I stare at her without opening my mouth, I don't know what to say, on the one hand my sister was right, but on the other hand I was glad she didn't have the mark yet, it was an extra darkness she didn't need.

Pancy: Ah, so that's where you were, Lorenzo was convinced you stayed in the Great Hall.
Aurora: No, we just left a little earlier

The two girls enter the classroom talking and I follow them, thinking. I sat down next to Aurora, who made a face of contempt as soon as she saw me.
Hermione enters the classroom and as soon as she sees us, she walks over to us awkwardly and approaches my sister.

Hermione: Can I sit with you, I really don't feel like sitting with Harry at the moment?
Aurora: Of course you can... what's wrong?

The girl is silent for a few seconds, blushing.
Aurora: You can tell me, I won't be offended, I promise... ....
Hermione: It's for Slughorn's party, there's a line of girls who can't wait to give Harry a love potion and he still doesn't do anything about it, he can't choose...
Me: Who are you going with instead?

Rory gives me a dirty look
Hermione: I was sure I was going with Ron, but since things obviously didn't go according to my plan, I had to make other arrangements.
Mattheo: And?
Hermione: It's a surprise...

We stare at each other for a few seconds and she blushes, I smile at her but as soon as I turn around I see my sister's threatening look.

Hermione: What are you doing tonight?
Me: Unfortunately nobody invited me to the party, but I managed to get on the staff for the evening, so you'll see me serving drinks...