CHAPTER 19

Bondita's Pov

Today after visiting the village and taking Shaswati from school we returned to the Haveli. As we returned Batuk came running towards us saying a letter came from Saket I was confused at first then took the letter from him, reading it I was so happy for both of them. Emily is one of the great friends from London, she has always supported me as I was new in London as she was my roommate too. I told Batuk, how Saket and Emily were both in so much Love and they both were prepared for their marriage and finally they are getting into it. I thought about how Emily told me what she wants as a gift from me in her wedding and I would definitely get her those gifts but about Saket I have to think of ideas.

After that Barrister Babu came, saying he wanted his evening coffee, I noticed how when he went towards study his mood was off maybe he was tired but now it feels as if he is fine. As I entered the study with his coffee, I stared to tell him about my views for education of women/ girls. I explained my ideas how we could help education and society will not oppose as much as its doing now to western thinking. When Koylie didi came with Kachories my stomach literally grumbled at it's tasty smell, and I realized that I hadn't eaten anything after breakfast and it's almost evening.

I grabbed my share from her hands and started munching, today I didn't felt to be in a controlled manner, I had met with few families who wanted their daughters to study, also some fathers who had now started to teach their daughtes some things which they had learnt in schools. I was reminded of my Shikshak babu how he made me study and when I saw him near the school gate, it brought some memories along with longings. But I know it isn't a memory to be sad. He had made me study with many dreams and now the result has come as I become Barrister Babu Bondita.

' Oh! it feels so light to let go everything for some time. '

Just like the days I spent here with him making me understand different topics and me asking many questions while he teased me about it, they were so happy days of my life where I didn't have to worry about anything that was outside this sanctuary' his study '. 

"Maybe I could have a very little of time for happiness without worrying about anything in the future, just some of happy days before the final end of it. Please Dugga maa, help me could I be free for just few days."

Author's Pov

Today Bondita was going to buy wedding gifts for her friends Saket and Emily, as she needed to courier them as soon as possible. Anirudh had immediately offered to take her to the market and Bondita agreed without any argument or excuse which was making Anirudh really ecstatic.

  'Why not he is going to spend his day with Bondita .... alone no one else other than him and her.'

Oh, not the whole day but almost most part of it without anyone else to disturb. But the happiness was short-lived. As they were planning to go to the market to buy gifts for the happy couple, Anirudh's younger brother Batuk expressed his desire to tag along with them.

"Arre Dada, aap aur Bondita Boudi kahi jaa rahe hai. Waise Boudi hai kaha."Batuk asked Anirudh while looking around.

"Ha Batuk, Hum bazaar jaa rahe hai. Vo Bondita ko gifts lene hai kal bataya tha na usne."

" Acha ha yaad aaya, chalo main bhi chalta hu aap dono ke saath." Batuk said patting his palm on Anirudh's forearm.

Anirudh immediately swatted his palm away and shrieked, " Why?..... Tum Kyun jaoge."

" Kyun aap ko Boudi ke saath akele jaana hai kya. Dada." Batuk wriggled his brows at him.

 Anirudh knew it isn't easy to convince Batuk to not be a thirdwheel in between them. He wanted to spend some quality time alone with Bondita, as he had something planned for her after shopping. So, he came up with a clever idea to make Batuk refuse to go with them.