𝙩 𝙝 𝙧 𝙚 𝙚

03: "HOME IS WHERE THE SHIT IS"

🂡

"Matt." I said quietly as we walked back to my home, finally breaking the silence, "You have been horribly distant today, is there something on your mind?"

"No there's not, Rosa." He replied with nonchalance, "What about you? You look miserable."

Oh dear, was it really that visible? But in answer to Matt's question, yes I did feel slightly upset. For one, I was not able to get the dress I had wanted, and my hand wasn't not being held, and I did not have a rose. Though I did not tell him that.

"Not at all, I am feeling wonderful." I told Matt dryly, and then he put his arm around my shoulder giving me goosebumps.

"Is it because I didn't let you get that dress?" He questioned, using his hand to make me look at him, "It is because of that isn't it?"

"I said I was fine Matt." I muttered, putting my head back down on my own.

He sighed, "I can see it in your eyes. Oh come on, your daddy's got loads of money to buy you silly dresses; just not that one."

"Okay."

In a couple of minutes we had reached the front gate of my house. Every time Matt drops me off, he stares at my home with a difficult expression. He always asks me the same question in different fonts; 'Why do you live in such an old fashioned house? It looks like it came straight out of a horror movie.'

In all honesty, my house did use to be an old church. Papa and Mama only made it a little more homely by decorating and made it bigger so it would look slightly less depressing once they had moved in.

"Well... salut, Matt." I said, standing on my tip toes to give him a quick kiss on the cheek, but when I did so he almost tried to push me off from him.

"Alright alright I get it. Bye." And that was all he said before turning around with his shoulders slumped and walked away. Matt was often like this, so I did not think much of it. I just assumed he had problems with verbal affection.

With a longing sigh, I crossed my arms, clutching the sides of my stomach, and pushed the gate open with my shoulder. I think it is around half past two at the moment, meaning it was time for lunch. I felt sick.

Treading my feet across the ground, I walked for a little towards my house with my head down, however when glanced upwards again I saw my brother André leaning against the House threshold.

"Afternoon, petite sœur." He said loudly enough for me to hear. When André calls me in French then I know that I am in trouble.

"Good afternoon, grand frère." I greeted him back in the same way.

"Okay quit the formalities now. I know you were with that hobo again." He grumbled, standing up straight and making his way to me.

"Matt is not a hobo, André. I do not understand what you have against him."