Chapter Sixty-Two: Y/N, No More

Above Y/N's head, the symbol of Hunt materialized, casting a haunting glow that prompted him to look up. The emblem was a stark reminder of Xianzhou's guiding principles, of the paths that individuals chose to follow. 'Lan, are you watching me? Or is it everyone else too?' Y/N pondered, feeling the weight of unseen eyes upon him. There was an undeniable presence, some gazes familiar, others foreign, all fixated on him.

As more symbols appeared, floating before him—Hunt, Voracity, Elation, Trailblaze, Order, Remembrance, Harmony, Nihility, Equilibrium, and Beauty—Y/N's empty heart grew heavy. The final symbol, Beauty, shifted amorphously, defying form and perhaps, definition. His emotions were mixed; pride mingled with resentment. He was content to be acknowledged by these entities yet angered that they observed him as if he were merely a spectacle.

A sudden realization dawned upon him about Voracity and Harmony. 'Have I ever truly encountered these Aeons?' he questioned internally. The possibility that they might have walked among mortals without his knowledge seemed unlikely yet plausible.

The array of symbols was not random; it was chronological, representing the paths he had crossed, both knowingly and unknowingly. Idrila's presence, watching him intently, her form now marred by decay, broke his train of thought. No longer did she embody the dignified aura of Beauty; instead, she looked frail, her beauty succumbing to an unsettling rot.

With narrowed eyes, Y/N voiced his concern softly, "Will my answer truly change anything? Will it impact you in any way?" The concept of 'Existence' that Idrila had mentioned earlier was now at the forefront of his mind, tying his fate to her mysterious agenda.

Idrila responded, not with the clarity he desired, but with a reflective question. "That depends on your interpretation. The experiences you've endured, the memories you've cherished—would you find them meaningless if forgotten? What do you envision for this world's future?"

Frustration crept into Y/N's voice as he manifested a sword of light from his soul. "You speak in riddles, Idrila. If confusing me was your intent, then know that I find little value in such ambiguity."

Idrila tilted her head, her expression emotionless yet strangely fixated on the glowing sword in his hand. "I seek to clarify, to recall what I can from the fragments of my memory. Your path, your choices—they are yours to forge, depending on your willingness to cooperate."

Though her answer was unexpected, Y/N accepted it tentatively. Idrila's smile, devoid of warmth, seemed more befitting a Queen of Vengeance than of Beauty. The atmosphere tensed, the candlelight flickering out as if in anticipation of a storm about to break.

Drawing a deep breath, Y/N resolved to confront his past. "I will revisit the key events of my life, particularly those preserved within Fuli's realm of memory, where mine and Jingliu's pasts intertwine."

The darkness around them grew denser, the altar before them shifting ominously. Idrila clasped her hands as if in prayer, turning towards the altar with a solemn nod.

Observing her, Y/N noted the stark contrast between her current form and the vibrant figure of beauty she once was. 'She resembles more the possessed form of the Great One, Oedon, than the Aeon of Beauty she claims to be,' he thought grimly.

Clearing his mind of distractions, Y/N prepared to voice his first question, determined to uncover the truths buried within the enigmatic symbols and their bearer.

"In the distant past, my home was destroyed by a dragon and a leviathan," Y/N began, his voice tinged with unresolved pain from the memory. "I am aware of Long's passing and the proliferation of its scions into various dragon species. However, the leviathan's presence does not connect logically with what I know."