Chapter Four: Unexplainable Things

We pulled into a gravel area full of cars. I didn't have to look at the door to know Jordan didn't unlock it yet. I could hear the music from where we were.

"No drinking, no trying anything without seeing them being made, and if any, and I mean any, smoke gets in the house, get out and call me." Jordan said in a serious tone.

"Got it." I said and tried to get out.

"One more thing, if you don't find Mason within ten minutes, call me. I don't want you to be in there alone." I sighed.

"Got it." I said and he unlocked the doors, letting me free into the party atmosphere.

I was hoping to get some photos of the lake so I could draw them later but I went inside first. A new song had started, electronic. It wasn't my type but I didn't hate it either. It just made my head hurt if I listened to it for too long.

I found Mason almost immediately. He was on the couch, watching people pass by. I joined him on the couch and smiled.

"Thanks for inviting me!" I yelled over the music.

"You're welcome!" Mason yelled back and I laughed.

"Sorry for being so late!" I yelled while looking around.

"No, it's okay!" He yelled back and I nodded.

"I'm going to go down by the lake, take some pictures to draw later!" I yelled and he nodded. The music slowly got louder and had more of a bass.

"Keep an eye out for Liam, I haven't seen him yet!" Mason yelled as I got up and walked out of the house. The music became significantly lower in volume as I reached the lake. I sat in the grass near a dock building and took out my phone. I noticed that two people were dancing out on the dock and moved so I caught them in the picture.

I took a few pictures from different angles. Once I too enough, I just sat watching the lake. It was peaceful that night until something crashed.

I looked towards the noise and saw someone running through a window and someone was right behind him. I crawled to back away from the glass shards as another person stepped out of the window. They ran up to me and turned out to be a she.

"Why are you out here?" She asked, clearly worried about something.

"I was taking pictures of the lake." I said and started to take out my phone but she pushed my phone back into my pocket.

"You need to go back inside." She said and started to pull me towards the lake house. She looked back at me a few times. "You're Liam's friend, right?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked as she brought me up to the door of the lake house.

"My name is Kira, I'm a mutual friend of his." She said and opened the door.

"I'm Rebecca!" I yelled over the music.

"Say, have you seen a girl, names Lydia Martin?" Kira asked over the music and I shook my head no.

"The only person I recognized so far is my friend Mason!" I nodded over to Mason at the couch.

"I'm going to go look for her, don't leave the house!" She said and I nodded. As soon as she left, I slipped back out of the house and Violet slipped in. I waved hi and she waved back. I walked over to a tree and sat against it.