Chapter Seven: Ant. Boot.

We were back aboard the Hellicarrier after the fiasco in the woods and I tried staying clear of Steve. There was no way I could let these feelings get in the way of getting Clint back. Besides I'm sure he doesn't feel the same way. I shut him down. Which possibly could've been a huge mistake but hopefully it's for the best.

I didn't need anyone, I was better off alone. I always was. 

We were all watching on a screen as Fury talked to Loki in the cell he'll be staying in. I still found this all a little fishy. And the bastard never let his guard down, I tried many times to get inside his mind, but he was not letting me in. 

Only taunting me as I tried, looking more amused with every attempt. 

"Ant," Fury then pointed to the button that would drop Loki thousands of feet to the ground, "boot."

I saw Loki look around the cell, "it's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me."

The sly smirk he had gave me the chills. But Fury didn't even skip a beat, "built for something a lot stronger than you."

"Oh I've heard," he said looking straight into the camera. I turned and looked at Bruce who just kept staring at the screen. Obviously trying to avoid eye contact from anyone. He knew just as well as the rest of us who that cell was made for.

"The mindless beast, makes play he's still a man. How desperate are you, that you call upon such lost creatures to defend you?"

"Wow he's ray of sunshine isn't he?" I wondered out loud.

Bruce gave a chuckle in response. Everyone else couldn't tear their eyes away from the monitor, focusing on Loki.

Fury then started back at Loki, "How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill 'cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did."

"Ooh. It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is."

Fury let out a chuckle, "well let me now if real power wants a magazine or something."

We all stared at the screen until it turned black. I looked around the room, waiting for someone to say something. 

"He really grows on you doesn't he?" Bruce asked sarcastically. I gave him a smile, both of us thinking the same thing.

"Loki's going to drag this out. So, Thor what's his play?" Steve asked trying to get a plan going. The one person who could give us any insight was his brother. 

"He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract," Thor informed his. 

"Seriously an alien army?" I asked in disbelief, as if this couldn't get any weirder. 

"An army from outer space?" Steve asked too. This couldn't be for real.

"So he's building another portal? That's what he needs Erik Selvig for," Bruce stated.

"Selvig?" Thor asked confused.

"Yeah he's an astrophysicist," I told him, not sure why this was so important at the moment. 

"He's a friend," Thor replied simply, and I could tell he was shocked that Loki had him under his control. 

"Trust me I know what it's like for Loki to take someone close to you."

"I am sorry Lady Smith," Thor said sympathetically. I just gave him a small smile in response. I couldn't imagine being related to Loki.