Weak Witches, Wolf Chow and Wicked Plans

Chapter 33

Bonnie’s P.O.V

“W-what? Repeat what you just said for me again.” Elena asked, her face panicked.

“She said she’s-” Damon started, but Elena cut him off.

“On second thoughts, don’t. Why won’t you tell Jeremy?”

“Because that’s not all the doctor told me. That was the good news. I’m pretty jazzed that I’m pregnant if I’m honest…It’s the bad news that scares me to death.”

“What’s the bad news?” Elena asked me warily. I could see traces of fear in her eyes, but I couldn’t be sure. Her hands were shaking slightly, and Damon was watching her, worry creasing his forehead.

“I-”

“Hey! What’s wrong?” Jeremy called, as he drove Elena’s car and parked it. He’s not really supposed to drive yet, but Elena didn’t bring her car. I shot Elena a look, begging her not to tell. I wanted to tell him when I’m ready.

She gave me a look that told me that as much as she hated lying to her brother, she’d do it.

“I’m not feeling well, and I needed you to bring the car up so I could drive myself home. Bonnie is staying with me tonight, so she’s leaving with me. Damon can drop you home, if you want to stay for the rest of the game?”

Damon glanced at her, then nodded. Good to know that they’ve got my back.

“Erm…sure.”

Elena kissed Damon on the cheek, and shot him a look I couldn’t decipher, and he smiled at her.

“Tell Tyler I‘ll meet him at the Lockwood ruins.”

With that, Elena grabbed my hand and pulled me to her Jeep. She climbed into the driver seat, and yanked her seatbelt on harshly. I pulled on my seatbelt gently, and felt somewhat safer when I heard it click. Elena was in a bad mood, probably because she was imagining all sorts of terrible things in her mind as to what’s wrong with me. I wondered what was going on in her mind.

The whole of the car ride to the Salvatore house was in silence. Elena’s hands gripped the wheel, until her knuckles turned white. She never looked at me, but kept her eyes always on the road.

Elena wasn’t one of those people who could purposefully stop talking to someone. Elena was always very much up for an argument, so her silence is unusual.

When we arrive, she throws the door open, and immediately heads to Damon’s liquor cabinet. She poured two glasses, downing one of them, before refilling the glass to the brim. I sat down on the couch, waiting for her to come and sit with me. This is the longest we’ve ever been quiet in each other’s company. She sat, holding a glass out to me.

“Elena. I can’t drink that.”

“Hmm,” She replied, then her eyes widened with remembrance. “Oh yeah. I’ll drink it.”

She downed both glasses, then sighed. She turned to me, and took my hands into hers.

“What’s wrong with you, Bonnie?”

“I’m dying, Elena.”

……………………………….........................................................................

Elena’s P.O.V

“You can’t be. How? Why?” I choked. Tears were filling my eyes, and my throat felt like it was closing.

“My doctor doesn’t know why. He couldn’t work it out, but I can. I’m weak, Elena. My powers aren’t big enough for the spells that I do, and it’s taking its toll on me. I’m not strong enough.” Bonnie said, with a casual shrug like its something completely normal.