Chapter 41 - She's One Of The Boys

~ ~ Chapter Forty One ~ ~

(Saxon’s POV)

Sitting on the edge of my chair as I watched Brody closely, I didn’t trust him one bit and neither did Vance with the tense way he was sitting too but the feeling was mutual considering Brody was also on the edge of his seat while he kept shooting me filthy daggers.

The shower from upstairs turned off and it fell silent for a few minutes until I could hear Eva mumbling to herself about something but it was too low for me to pick up words through the distance and walls. I don't want to sound cold or harsh towards her but she needs to deal with the fact she killed a rogue and build a bridge.

It’s not the end of the world and she will more than likely kill a few more in her lifetime, it’s something that comes with being a wolf. If a crazed serial killer stormed into your house threatening you – you would do anything to defend yourself and your family against that said person.....the same thing goes for rogues, even if killing them is the only option.

I still can’t get that image of her in wolf form out of my head, so vicious and defensive, so far gone with her inner wolf that she didn’t even recognise us as people – only threats. I hated what I had to do to her but she wasn’t going to calm down anytime soon and if I had left her to be, she probably would have done something else that she would be regretting right now.

So in a way I helped her – though I'm still waiting for her to start yelling at me for dominating her like that, even though I did it in the nicest way possible which isn’t something I would have done when I very first met her. I’ve changed and I know it but I still refuse to show this softer side of me to everyone else.

Eva came bounding down the stairs a few minutes later in jeans and a jumper but not one of us moved when she walked into the room, chopping her arms in the air like she was pretending to be a crocodile or something. Slightly cocking an eyebrow I looked up at her – maybe she has finally lost her mind? She was never normal to start off with.

“What are you doing?” I asked slowly and in a low tone.

She turned and grinned at me, “Cutting the tension in the air,” and she did the same chopping motion with her arms before walking over to Brody.

He jumped to his feet instantly, ignoring both Vance and I as he took the last few steps between him and Eva and pulled her in for a tight hug. My wolf was growling lowly at this but I kept him in check. Eva hugged him back just as tightly before he let go and pushed her back a step, picking her arms up and looking them over.

She was frowning when he grabbed her cheeks in his hand and turned her head from side to side, “Uh, what are you doing?” she asked, confusion clear in her voice.

Brody’s eyes narrowed slightly, “Checking for injuries,” then he pointed at her shoulder with the faint marks from her healing wound, “Did he do this?” he snapped loudly, shooting me daggers again.

Growling in a low warning tone I was so tempted to just jump up and throw him out my front door face first but Eva would be angry. Besides, it will ruin my new plan of attack at winning her over.

“No,” she scoffed and grabbed his hand, pulling him down on the seat next to her and faced him as they both fell silent. Dammit! They are talking through their mind link and now I don't have a damn clue as to what he is saying. I'm not worried about Eva because that girl is bluntly honest to your face so you never have to worry about her being the type to say one thing to your face and another behind your back – I hate those types of people.