Chapter 13 - The supermarket

Allie POV

When the boys drop me off I see my dad's car in the driveway. I say a hurried goodbye and head inside. Praying my dad didn't see the boys in the car. He walks out of the lounge.

'Oh, good, you're here.' He says gruffly and I nod,

'Yes sir.'

'We are going to the store.' I frown; he never wants to go to the store.

'Yes sir.' He grabs a coat and puts it on while I dump my bag on the floor. The car ride is silent and I am confused. What's going on? My dad turns to me

'Wait here.' I nod my head and he gets out but instead of going into the shop he walks to a building next door and after one glance around he goes inside. I am sitting there for about an hour and it is dark by the time he comes out. He opens my door.

'Get out.' I quickly do as he says. He nods his head to the store and so we walk inside. My dad walks down the aisles grabbing a few odd things while I follow him around slightly. He hands me a packet of cigarettes that he quickly buys and then turns to me.

'Go the side alley and walk to the end. There will be a loose brick. Place this in there.' I am confused but don't dare question him.

'Yes sir.'

'Wait out there.' I nod and head outside. I finally find the loose brick and then lean against the alley wall. Being outside in the dark is slightly scary but I don't dare disobey my dad. I am near the entrance to the alley with my back to the shop when I see someone heading towards the store. The man is tall and has broad shoulders. I hold my breath, please don't see me. When the man is a few metres away he lifts his head and by the limited light I can just make out Chance's face. He must see me around the same time because he stops in his tracks. Silence falls as we stare at each other. He opens his mouth to say something but then I hear a voice from the front of the shop.

'Allie, get your ass here now.' I quickly hurry towards my dad. He looks at me then back to Chance who is still standing there.

'Where you talking to that man you little slut.' He hisses, too quietly for Chance to hear.

'No, dad, of course not.'

'Shut up, yes you were. You'll pay for that when we get home.' I gulp but stay silent. My dad grabs my upper arm and starts to pull me away. His grip is like iron and I know that I am going to have a bruise. I glance back once at Chance but then my dad gives me a hard pull and he is out of sight.

Will POV

Chance went to the store about 20 minutes ago to get some snacks. I hear the familiar sound of his bike and then footsteps up the path. Seconds later the door opens and shuts. When Chance walks into the lounge he has a conflicted look on his face and is fiddling with the keys on his hand. He dumps the plastic bag on the table and collapses into a chair. I watch him as he rests his head on the back of the chair and stares up at the ceiling.

'Hey bro, you okay?' Hunter suddenly asks and Chance seems to snap out of a trance. He looks at each of us in turn but his gaze lingers on me before he nods slowly,

'Yeah, I think.' We frown in confusion but turn to the film. Just before it starts I hear Chance mutter,

'I hope.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sorry about the massive gap in uploading. I had GSCE's and stuff going on but I'll upload all of the chapters I have written and will be more consistent uploading. Thank you to the person who sent me the message saying to upload. Your support is amazing.

Love you guys xx