Epilogue

*6 years later*

"Liam, can you bring the twins in here for their bath?" Erica called outside.
"Sure thing," Liam called back before walking over to the kids.
Erica smiled as she watched her amazing husband with their two children. Liam was an amazing father, it was crazy. Their kids were both 3 years old, and they reminded her of Liam so much. They were both boys and took after Liam's looks, but they often had Erica's attitude.
Erica watched Liam put one of his sons, Eric on his shoulders and held his other son, Timmy. As Liam neared the door, Timmy jumped out of his arms and into Erica's. "Mommy! Can we go to the zoo tomorrow? Daddy was telling us how much animals there were, and I want to see them all," Timmy exclaimed.

Erica smiled and picked him up as she started towards the bathroom. "Sure, Mommy will take you and your brother to the zoo, but right now you need your bath and get ready for bed."
"What about Eric? He's dirty, too!"
"He'll get his bath, too. Hey, how about if you be good and take a bath, I'll tell Daddy to go to the store and buy ice cream."
"Okay!" Timmy squealed, trying to pull his pants down.
Erica turned around. Liam was standing against the door, smiling. "How's it going in here?"
"You need to go to the store and buy ice cream."
"Why?"
"Bribery," Erica said, laughing.

Liam smiled and nodded. "Okay, I'll be back," Liam said, kissing her on the forehead.
When he was gone, Timmy asked, "Is it okay to kiss your best friend?"
Erica looked at him in shock. "What was that, Timmy?"
"I'm sorry, Mommy, but Daddy was telling us that you're his best friend. I thought you were married, how can you be just best friends?" Timmy asked confused.
Erica smiled at her son. "Timmy, your father and I have been best friends for at least 17 years, but people can be married and stay best friends. There's no rule against it. Now, if you have a friend right now, no you can't kiss them. Way too young."
"I understand."
"Good, now let's get you in the bath."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two boys and Erica were sitting in the living room watching a recorded show of Spongebob while they waited for Liam to get back with some ice cream. He left 20 minutes ago, and the store was only down the street. Erica was kind of starting to get suspicious. Then, as if on cue, Liam burst through the door, "Who wants ice cream?"
The boys jumped up and shouted, "Me, me!"
Erica smiled and stood up with her arms crossed. "Is there a reason you took so long?"
Liam looked at her. "Babe, I was getting toppings, too."
Erica looked in the bag, and there were whipped cream, nuts, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips and something else in a sparkly box. "What's this?" Erica asked, reaching for the box.
"No, no. That's for later."

Erica smiled and sat with the boys in the kitchen. "Okay, we have toppings, so you get to put extra stuff on your ice cream."
Of course the boys cheered for that. Erica and Liam gave the boys each a small cup of everything, so they could put whatever they wanted on it. After they were all done, everyone went to the living room to eat the ice cream and watch Spongebob.
"You're amazing, you know that, right?" Erica whispered to Liam.
"Only because I'm with you."
"Funny."

"I'm serious."
Smiling, she said, "I couldn't imagine spending my life with anyone else."
"Same here, baby."
They gave each other a quick kiss which caused the boys to yell, "Cooties!"
Erica and Liam laughed. "Alright, alright. Pay attention to your Spongebob."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Night boys," Liam said, closing the door and turning to Erica.
"Can you tell me what's in the box now?" Erica asked.
"Shh, let's go to the room." Erica sighed and let Liam lead her to the room. "Okay, here it is." Liam pulled out a necklace and handed it to Erica. Erica looked at it and smiled.
"Thank you, Liam. Its beautiful."
"Don't thank me yet. Did you notice anything about the necklace?" Erica looked at it. The necklace had a gold heart that was split in half, which meant there was another piece to it. "Where's the rest of it," Erica asked.
"Right here," Liam said pulling down the neck of his shirt to reveal the other half of the necklace. Erica smiled, and got closer to Liam and put the two hearts together. It fit into one. Erica took another look, and it said best friends. Erica's smile grew wider, and she looked at Liam.
"I can't believe you did this. It's so sweet."
"You are my best friend and beautiful wife," Liam said,
smiling and looking in her eyes. Erica slowly raised her arms around his neck, and she leaned in to kiss him. He beat her to it, and soon enough they were in bed kissing passionately. Then, they heard whispers. Erica pulled away and said, "Timmy, is that you?" S
ure enough a couple voices piped up, "No, it's Eric, too. He didn't believe me when I said you are best friends who kiss."
Erica ran her fingers through her hair as she opened the door all the way. She smiled and picked up Eric and grabbed Timmy's hand. "Guys, you need to go to bed. If you guys want to go to the zoo, you need plenty of rest, so let's go tuck you back in." Erica walked out of the room with the boys and to their room. Liam followed her, and watched her tuck them in. She felt him rub her shoulders, and she smiled.
"Night boys. Stay in bed this time or no zoo."
"Okay, Mommy." She smiled and closed their door. She walked past Liam back to their room. She yel[ed when she felt Liam grab her by the waist and pick her up in his arms. Erica looked at him and said, "I love you, best friend."
"I love you, too." Liam kissed her forehead and gently set her down on the bed. He got down on one knee and held her hands. "I think getting married to my best friend was the best thing I ever did."
"Same here," Erica said, smiling and kissing his cheek. Liam jumped on the bed and rolled her on top of him. He had his hand on the back of her thigh and smiled at her.
"I have a question for you."
"Shoot."
"When will you be ready for another baby?" Erica had wide eyes.
"Are you serious? You want another one?"
"Well, only if you do." Erica smiled and nodded before kissing him and began undoing the buttons on his shirt.
"Let's do it. I'm hoping for a daughter."
 "You can't make requests like that," he said, slipping his shirt off while he kissed Erica. "Of course I can. I get to carry the baby, I get to pick."
 Sighing, Liam said, "Fair enough." He pulled her up to him, kissing her deeply and passionately. "I love you," was said between kisses as they laid back down, getting under the covers.