Just Between Us | OC Conversations (1)

"You're an ass."

"Charming as usual, see. Tell me, what have I done now to deserve such a crass greeting?"

"Nothing, really. I just think you're an asshole, is all. That not enough for you?"

"No, actually, it's not. I don't mind being hated - you'd hardly be the first to hold this level of animosity towards me. But I do prefer to know why I'm hated. Explain."

"You seriously can't tell? You don't know why I might be pissed at ya?"

"...Ah. This is about Roronoa."

"...Che."

"You don't deny it."

"I don't lie that often, ya know. And you hit the nail on the head, anyway."

"So you are the jealous type."

"I am not, dammit!"

"Your reaction tells quite the different story. Look - you're even blushing!"

"Shut up! I am not!"

"You shouldn't be embarrassed. It's natural to become protective over your mate--"

"Can you not talk like we're animals?"

"Well, if you'd like to get technical--"

"Goddammit, why the hell do I even bother with you?"

"We are, unfortunately, two souls bound by fate, apparently. We inseparably share a future. Whether you'd like to or not, you'll have to bother with me. Lamenting over it now will only worsen the headache I can see you're bearing."

"How did you--? You know what, doesn't matter. And stop smirking like that! You damn Dracule, there's nothing funny about this!"

"Of course not. How very rude of me."

"...That's some pretty thick sarcasm you have dribbling outta your mouth. Might wanna do something about that."

"And I see that infernal sass of yours is as sharp as ever."

"..."

"Come now, Flynn, you must have something better up your sleeve, surely. I quite enjoy our verbal battles, and it would be a shame to claim a victory so early on."

"Look, I'm just... I'm not here to duke it out with you, or whatever the hell you're going on about. I came here to ask you something, that's it. And I want the truth, got it, Kay?"

"I speak nothing but the truth on most occasions, Flynn, now won't be any different. What would you ask of me?"

"Do you... You don't..."

"Raya, if you don't get on with it in the next heartbeat or so, I'll loose Kishi on you. And as much as you've bonded, he's in quite the foul mood; even I would rather keep from him at the moment."

"Stupid little... Do you like Zoro?!"

"..."

"Well... do you?"

"The fact that you're asking proves how little faith you have in me."

"It's not that don't... Wait, don't just jump to conclusions like that! I... The first time I met you, you... sounded like you thought a lot more of him than you were letting on. And I... Okay, yeah, I got jealous. I freaked a little. Because Zoro is the first person I've ever fallen in love with, alright? He's been there for me all this time, saved my ass more times than I can count, and he... listened, even when I would have rather he didn't. Losing him, to you of all people, would..."

"...I see."

"Kay, I'm--"

"Don't apologize. You've no need to. You've said, done nothing wrong. I should have made myself clear from the start."

"About what?"

"My feelings for that dense swordsman of yours."

"So you do..."

"It's not quite what you're thinking. Yes, at one point, perhaps I fancied him as more than just an admirable opponent. But you've nothing to fear from me, Flynn. Your bond with him is as unshakable as they come, and I wouldn't dream of separating the two of you. Worry not, Demon, I have no intentions of sweeping your prince off his feet."

"If you hadn't just called me that creaking epithet, that would have been perfect..."

"Yes, well, I couldn't resist. You paint yourself as such an easy target."

"Says you!"

"My point exactly."

"...I give up. I'm leaving."

"Shall I accompany you?"

"That'd defeat the purpose of me storming off, ya know..."

"As if I care for your logic. Besides, when you've just opened up to me as you have, I have the feeling it would be rather inappropriate of me to leave you alone. Friends do such things for one another, no?"

"How would I know? I've had about as much experience in the friend department as you, probably."

"Excellent. We'll traverse these uncharted waters together, then."

"Since when are you this optimistic?"

"One of us must take up the burden, seeing as you exhibit such unholy amounts of negativity on a daily basis."

"...Fair point."

"Now then, shall we?"

"Yeah. Yeah, okay, let's go, Kay. But... is Kishi really that ticked?"

"What? Oh, of course not. He's naturally docile, without provocation he'd never cause harm to you."

"The hell happened to your honest streak?"

"I did say on most occasions, did I not?"

"Whatever. Bend the rules all ya like, Kay, I'm getting used to it. Now let's get going. I'm keeping someone waiting, anyway."

"And who might that be?"

"The only experience I ever had in the friend department before I met the Straw Hats."

"Ah, how intriguing. He must be fairly unpleasant to survive a friendship with a demon."

"You're pushing it, Dracule. Besides, he's a good guy. Or he was, when we were kids. You'll like him, I think."

"I suppose we'll see about that. Lead the way."

"Can do. And by the way, stop calling me a damn demon!"

Raya and Katana
Random Conversations