chapter 3

Still being edited and changed and stuff:-) you're all llamas.

He took it out and never returned it. So. Xavier had a guilty secret, did he? Did he? I let out a sigh as I realise that there could be many reasons as to why Xavier took that book. People forget library books all the time! Don't they? Or is it just me? (Don't blame me- I have an extremely hectic career, library books are way down my list of priorities.) He was a forgetful old man- he probably just forgot. Grrrrr. I let out a noise which can only be described as a sort of frustrated growl as I realise that what I though was my first proper clue, just turned out to be a clue towards Xavier's forgetfulness. I rush to the desk. "When was the book taken out" I enquire (detective inspectors don't ask, they enquire)

"Oh! It's you again. Hello, Mr Detective Inspector!" Humph. I'm never going to finish my investigation with her around. "How are you?"

"I'm very well, thank you." Just stop talking! I want to scream at her. But I remain calm (I told you, we're very good at holding our nerve).

"Ooh, when you left I tweeted everyone about us!"

"Us?"

"Yeah. All my friends now know that I have talked to a detective inspecting police office-y examiner. And I updated my Facebook status."

"Have you really?" I have no idea what a detective inspecting police office-y examiner was, but I think she is referring to my job as a Detective Inspector.

"Yep. Then Tanya said to Stacey that Chantelle said to Roxy that Abby and Sophie had a MASSIVE fight over whether I was telling the truth. So, I tweeted Abby and Sophie and the world that it was true and I did meet you. Can I take a pic?"

"I'm sorry?"

"You know, a picture. to prove it."

"I suppose so." I was getting tired of her annoying ways, and I figured that doing what she wanted would be the fastest way of getting her to do what I want. She leaned over and took a picture of us. then she took a picture of my badge, my file, my briefcase and my notes. Have they never seen a Detective before?

"Ok. Tweeting this as I speak." I couldn't help but read over her shoulder. What? The 'tweet' was about me. I felt like I had a right to know. 'Lol, he came bak! With him around I seem 2 b speacking all posh and dignifyied, idk y!!'. Read the tweet. I must say, her spelling mistakes made me laugh. And, if this is her all 'posh and dignified', I do not wish to see her as she is normally.

"Right. Miss Parker?"

"Yeah?"

"I did come back for a reason, you know. And, strange as it may seem, that reason was not to be photographed by your side and to watch you tweeting."

"Sarcastic, much." She slumps back in her chair, starts filing her nails, and, when satisfied her nails are filed enough, she takes out a magazine. The cover is plastered with blonde women in bikinis, overly excited about the fact that they lost 2 stone. I have no idea why this is so appealing to Miss Parker, but her heavily made-up eyes are glued to the pages. A deep blue sweeps over her eyes, highlighted by the black lashes that cover it. Her eyes are outlined in green, and her annoyingly talkative and frustratingly high-pitched lips are covered in bright red. I know what you may be thinking, no, I do not like Miss Parker, but she is sat in front of me, reading a magazine while I quite obviously need her attention. My mind wanders, so I need something to remind me of the investigation. It seems funny, but Trish Parker may be the only help I'll get. I suddenly find this though hilarious, and I struggle to contain my laughter. Miss Parker finally looks up, and I receive many pointed looks from serious and reserved people who have been terribly distracted whilst reading their book. The crime of the century.

"What?" She asks, annoyed and rushed to get back to her magazine.

"I asked you a question. When did Xavier take the book out?"

"Umm.." she logs on to the computer, yawning. "12th January, 1972."

"But. Why? How? Wen? What?" My mind is racing with questions, and I do not realise that I have spoken the out loud until an older woman walks past.

"I remember when he took that book out. He rushed to the desk after finding a slim notebook in one of the shelves. he looked extremely distressed, so I scanned the book quickly. After which, he whispered 'finally. It's okay.' and then rushed off. Xavier has not returned the book because he did not want to."

I run to the computer, and Google the book. What I find shocks me. It seems to be a collection of short, horror stories.

Contents:

1) The Ghost of Gorgonville Manor

2) Burned Alive

3) Abduction

4) Cherry, and the Witch of Worthington Castle

5) The Case That Never Got Solved (Xavier Delanay's Journal Notes)

I run to the Delaney house.

'tis all for now. the next chapters will be a bit boring-ish but vital for the story. then there will be more chapters setting another scene (all will be revealed later on) and then it will be more exciting. PINKY PROMISE!