Chapter One: Black Angel

*Third person point of view*

"She calls herself 'Black Angel'?" Bruce questions, staring blankly at the file placed on his lap. "Does she have a name?" Confusion swims through his body, the everlasting anger that is stored in his core being pushed back, shielded for the safety of everyone around him.

"I suppose not" Natasha answers, whispering lightly as the lights flicker on and off. She moves over and snuggles into Bruce's arm, laying her head on his chest trying to encapsulate any peace she can find.

"I don't understand why she has to stay with us. We don't even know the woman, yet we are going to be living under the same room as her?" Steve states, his jaw clenching at the thought. "She could be dangerous!"He turns the page of the file he was handed just over an hour ago and his eyes peer down Black Angel's skills and abilities.

Skills and Abilities of one Angel, Black:

Skills: All forms of Martial arts including: Kenjutsu, Bojitsuand and the widely unknown Hsing-i. Black Angel has no preferences towards weapons and can confidently fight with any type of weaponry.

Abilities: Unknown

"What on earth is Hsing-i?" Natasha questions into open air. Curiosity filling her head.

" It's a powerful ancient Chinese martial discipline based on Chinese Cosmology that stresses direct linear techniques combined with the use of internal energy. Hsing-i moves use power and speed to confront power directly and overwhelm it." Steve replies "It was terribly hard to learn, and I'm constantly having problems with it.

"Her powers are unknown." Tony declares "I'm making the assumption that she has powers?"

As if on cue, Nick fury walks in and grabs the folder from Clint's hand.

"Hey!" he yells. Waving his arm in the air signalling for the paper to be brought back to him.

"It looks like you all have been doing your homework. To answer your question Tony, it's obvious she has a great deal of powers, but she refuses to share any of with my agents. Most Shield workers I send in there to interrogate her come out running and scared for life. They call her all sorts of things like Witch, Inhuman, Alien. But we can never get the footage out of the cameras for some reason. She's extremely dangerous."

"Wait, you want to put an extremely dangerous creature-"

"Human" Steve grumbles

"Sorry-"Tony rolls his eyes, a note of sarcasm in his voice "You want to put an extremely dangerous human in my beautiful luxurious tower, putting all of our safety aside for some science experiment? I was decently okay when you waltzed in a few years ago and told me that I had to share my beautiful home with a God and some super-freaks. That was okay-I guess. But when you come in here expecting me, the most stubborn yet beautifully handsome man in the world to open up the doors of my luxurious tower that I- myself built to give some third grade science project a floor, it's not fair."

"I'm putting Black Angel into the arms of the most powerful and trustworthy people I know. And to your little comment Stark; Angel is not a science experiment, she is your new teammate. Don't worry about having to give her a bedroom on the top floor, her sleeping arrangements have already been taken care of. Black Angel will be living in the basement, with top security 27/7. Treat her with respect. She's a new reinforcement. A new Avenger."

The room is suddenly filled with argumental chatter until an obvious Shield member awkwardly waltzes in and whispers something into Nick Fury's ear.

"Suit up boys and girls, time to meet your roommate".

*Black Angel's Point of View*

I'm everywhere. Pieces of me scattered on the floor as if I am nothing. My heart is empty, my breathe still as I count the thump of my heart beat. 8027. 8028. 8029. I'm cut off my a cold voice in the corner of my cell. The soft shiver of the woman's voice creeps up my spine and into my ears. She's singing a soft tune.