Bonus Chapter | Before I Go To Prom

Bonus Chapter

I let out a large breath once the dress was above my thighs. I shimmy my way into the rest of it and I feel my waist instantly shrink as I lift it over my chest. They weren't wrong when they said beauty hurts, I think I've lost circulation.

I put on my black heels and do last minute touches on my hair and makeup. My hair was curled and tied back and instead of going with a bold look like Peyton urged me to do over the phone I went with a bronze look.

It was the night of prom, for some, it was the best night of their lives. I wouldn't go that far, then again I don't know what the night had planned for me.

Gavin managed to ask me while we were drinking milkshakes at Mabel's. He had Nancy, the nice lady from Mabel's serve me a plate of fried pickles that spelt out 'prom?' and it was sort of the best promposal.

I've been getting ready for the last hour and I'm finally done. It's a lot more difficult without my best friend to help me.

"Alex!" My mother calls from downstairs.

I frantically run across my room to grab my clutch I almost trip over the long end of the red dress I'm wearing. Gavin told me red was definitely my color so I've stuck with it ever since. But black will always be my favorite.

I grab the dress to lift it up slightly and I begin walking downstairs. When I get halfway I see Gavin standing in the doorway wearing a black tux and his old beat up black converses. His hair was perfectly messy as usual and the smile on his face made him look even more attractive.

I reach the bottom and notice my mother is crying. She wraps her arms around me for a short embrace before pulling away. Sarah is also standing beside her but she's a lot calmer than my mom.

"You look so beautiful." She cries in her hands. "Let's take a picture."

I roll my eyes because I'm not one for pictures.

"Like your mom said, you look beautiful." Gavin whispers to me, I feel him kiss the top of my head and I feel those butterflies all over my body when he does that. I hold out my hand and he puts a white rose corsage on my wrist and I pin my white rose onto his tux. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me into him. We both face my mother and then a bright flash blinds us.

"Okay you two be safe and have fun!"

Gavin takes my hand in his and we make are way toward his car. Like a gentleman he opens the door for me and I sit inside after pulling every bit of the dress inside with me.

I turn up the volume in his car because I've come to actually like his music and we arrived there shortly after. Prom was located at a venue downtown which had cars filling up every parking lot around.