PLANET X-0000; EARTH

109 FM - NYC RADIO STATION

8:21 AM

"NASA REPORTS LATEST AIR CRAFT, WHICH WAS SUPPOSED TO HOLD ONLY CHILD ASTRONAUT GILLIE MILLER, HAS TWO OTHER TRAVELERS, BOTH AGED FIFTEEN AND FROM NEW YORK CITY. ALL ARE SAFE. THE RUSSELL SHUTTLE WAS LAUNCHED SUNDAY AND IS ON TRACK. NO OTHER INFO IS KNOWN TO US YET. NASA EXPECTED TO ISSUE A STATEMENT THIS AFTERNOON."

. . .

IF THEY'RE BEING HONEST, NARA AND TARO THINK EARTH IS ALREADY WORN OUT.

Nara doesn't like the Upper East Side anymore. It's tiring, really - formal education and 5th Avenue clothing and her mother's brunches. Even her cat is nicer than her dad. Fifteen years on this planet are a lot. Outer space looks nice.

Taro's bench at the park is becoming uncomfortable. Plus, hole-y picnic blankets, two year old water bottles and loose change aren't enough anymore. He's starting to think perhaps earth isn't for him - he's a godforsaken street kid. Perhaps he belongs elsewhere. 

They both want out - and they're sure space is the place for them. Nara learns that you can get to the Kennedy Space Center if you take a few buses. And there, you just hop on a space shuttle. It's simple really - Nara's old friend Gillie (now a kid astronaut) will take them on. She's pretty sure it's okay to take some buddies on your very first space mission, as long as you don't really tell NASA. 

Here's to spacing out. 

. . . 

[a/n] hello i am gaia and i don't know what the fuck i'm doing. i thought of this idea three hours ago i am honestly not in my best mind rn obviously but u know this seems like a good idea that i'll probably regret later! nice

goodbye i am going to sleep now [falls asleep 5 hours later]

????

yours; g