Blind Love

CHAPTER 1:

“Melody, are you ready yet? We have to leave; the taxi is waiting for us. You don’t have to look perfect” Emma’s voice bounced around the halls of the house.

“Easy for you to say. Do have any idea of how long I have waited for this day” I said walking down the stairs. I’d gotten use to everything in my home now I wasn’t constantly falling.

“I don’t get why you like them so much, they’re just another band” Emma said with the usual curiosity in her voice. The way she saw it, nothing was more than it seemed anymore. I miss the quirky Emma that always had something funny to say. She hasn’t been the same since the accident.

“Do you want me to go through the lecture again or can we actually get to the concert?”

“It’s cold outside, are you sure you don’t need a jacket?” she asked

“No I’m fine; it’ll be hot inside the arena anyway”

Emma was right, it was freezing outside. The cold wind brushed up against my skin leaving faint Goosebumps along my arms but none of that mattered to me right now. I was finally going to hear the boys live and nothing could tear me down from my cloud of happiness now!

The arena was already jammed packed with people and I couldn’t even hear myself. There were girls singing, laughing and screaming absolutely everywhere. Emma’s grip on my arm tightened. I could tell she was worried even though she hadn’t spoken since we left home. I can tell how she feels when she talks now but it’s not the same as before.

Our seats were somewhere in the centre of the Arena. I couldn’t tell for sure but Emma said would be able to see the boys clearly so I’m guessing we were close.

“Hi…We’re One Direction” was all they had to say to fill my heart with joy. The arena came alive as the girls screamed. 

They had voices the sounded like angels and each word they said made my heart race a little faster. I closed my eyes and pictured their flawless smiles and beautiful eyes. I missed seeing their faces but I’m glad I still had memories to look back on, just to remember what they look like.

They stopped after every 2 songs to talk to the audience or answer questions sent in via twitter. Niall and Louis would crack a joke every now and then, not that it was ever heard over the screaming crowd.

“Are you alright Mel?” Emma asked

“Better than ever” I replied with a massive grin on my face.

“I’m actually enjoying this. I can’t believe I stopped listening to them”

“It feels just like old times…only we’re actually here instead of sitting on YouTube!”  I said.

“I remember those days and how we use to sit there eating yogurt and cheese!” she laughed. Her laugh was the one thing I missed most.

If we could only have this life, for one more day,

If we could only turn back time……”

Tears streamed down my face as Harry’s voice filled the arena. ‘Moments’ has got to be one of the best songs by One Direction. The boy’s had so much emotion in their voices that it was hard to control the tears. Almost 3 years on and it still brought tears to my eyes.

“We want to thank each and every single one you for coming out tonight and making this such a special show” Liam said at the end of the concert

“If it wasn’t for you, there would be no reason to be One Direction” Zayn added in his perfect British accent. Just as people were getting ready to leave, Harry stepped forward.