Chapter 6

The rest of the week went smoothly.

Lauren didn't come by and she didn't speak to me. I don't know if that's what I wanted. I had so many mixed emotions about Lauren but the thing is, I've only known her for a few weeks. I didn't know her favorite color. I bit my lip as I laid on my bed, Dinah was gone, like usual. I turned on the T.V, to distract myself from every thing and got Gossip Girl on.

Twenty minutes into Gossip Girl, my phone buzzed. I picked it up to see it was a text from Lucas. It was his first text from that night I accidentally moaned out Lauren's name.

L: Hey, can I come over? xx

I ran my fingers through my hair as I smiled and texted him back.

L: of course. I missed you Lucas. xoxo

I took a small breath, Why was he coming over on a week day? Was everything okay?

L: Thanks, be there soon. xx

The way he was texting me felt unusual. He always told me he loved me when he texted me, even when we were best friends. He always did.

Always.

I waited for him by continuing to watch Gossip Girl. After two other episodes, I heard a knock on the door. I ran over and opened it, seeing Lucas, who looked like a completely different person; He was wearing skinny black jeans and white t-shirt with a leather jacket, his hair everywhere. He completely changed his style. Why?

He walked in and I closed the door, then turned around to face him.

"You look different, I like it," I mumbled as I took few closer steps towards Lucas. He shrugged and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"So what do you want to talk about?" I asked as I sat on my bed and looked up at him with a cheerful smile.

"I think we should break up," he said as he gazed at the floor, my eyes on him. My smile had faltered and I stared at him not knowing how to continue.

"W-why?"

"It just won't work out Mila," he muttered with a slight roll in his eyes. I opened my mouth to say something but no words came out, tears began to roll down my cheeks. I knew this was what I wanted, I wanted him to be my best friend again, not my lover. But the way he was acting, it looked like he never wanted to talk to me again. I wiped away my tears.

"We can still be friends still right?" I asked nervously as I took a quick breath to calm down the throbbing pain in my chest.

"Yeah, sure, whatever." he answered, annoyance quite evident in his tone.

I took another sharp breath, and stomped towards Lucas and yanked his collar "What happened to you, Lucas?" What the hell happened?" I growled glaring into his blue eyes. He scoffed as he shoved me off.

"I gotta go." he said as he got out his keys.

"You were my best friend, and now you're acting like I'm a trash bag you need to get rid of!" I spat not being able to contain my anger. He responded by rolling his eyes once again and walked over to the door.

"Shit changes, Mila. Get that through your head." he said and opened the door and without another word, he walked out and slammed the door shut.

I just wanted my life back. My normal life, I didn't want my life to be a mess. I wanted to go back, when Lucas and I were dancing with Sofi, I always had to make them calm down later. And I could always go to my mom when I had a problem, she would help me through it when I had a hard time. And when I was playing soccer and softball, when I had passion. But now, everything was different. Everything seemed to go against me now.